sister city signs

whats your opinion to this? for me this are good POI, because you can learn what are the sistercitys of this town. today i watched a stream and the streamer rejected this because it is mass produced. but is this realy mass produced? i mean the sign yes but the inscription is individual. this is like i would reject walkin maps because the sign is mass produced. isnt the inscription the POI and not the sign itself?

Tagged:

Comments

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they're great. They have a social significance as a sort of social agreement which highlights cooperation and mutual understanding between the two cities. While they may also appear somewhat mass-produced (i.e. on opposing sides of a little town or city), they have intrinsic meaning and its affiliationi.e. Sydney is a sister city of Nagoya, and Canberra is a sister city of Nara.

Mass-produced does not automatically translate to rejection.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

They can be good, but many of these are at the entrance to the town or village and are in effect road signs, so may lack safe pedestrian access. All depends on the location and the sign itself - some are better than others. This one looks good.

• RedsoxMark-PGORedsoxMark-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

I agree. To me, here what is interesting is the information about the Sister City. For that, it doesn't matter to me how the sign is produced.

If on the other hand it was simply a sign saying "Entering Village", then the sign itself would matter. A standard street sign with the village name would not meet acceptance criteria. But a unique, handcrafted sign made by someone in the village might.

• NeoStratus-INGNeoStratus-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

This is a symbol of peace, brotherhood and active cultural or economic exchanges. It's quite unique as each city has different sister towns. I submitted one once but it has been rejected.

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

If there is a safe pedestrian acces, it's look good for me.

• Xmacke7x-INGXmacke7x-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

Such a sign is not mass produced. Even if it is a big city there will not be that many of those. Mass-produced is something which lots of reviewers get confused with.

If something is mass-produced there would be thousands of those signs.

This sign tell something about the unique history of the city. Thus it has educational content. It meets the criteria with being a great place to explore

• BitKloepplerin-INGBitKloepplerin-ING Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

(1) It is not mass produced (not even if you find the very same sign at every entrance to the community.)

(2) It is a sign that the town or village is connected to the world.

Cultural and other exchange to other towns,

Meet people of other towns ...

"... a placemark of local interest and importance and which makes our communities unique and shapes its identity. Somewhere or something that tells the unique story about a place, its history, its cultural meaning, or teaches us about the community we live in."

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's mass produced I feel sorry for the business that made 100,000 of them then realised they could only sell two to these specific towns.

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea where you're from BUT if you in the the community think that about "mass production", then I'm really sorry for you interface. With such a sign, it is in no way about the sign, but about the Intention or the passing on of information.

Then this would be mass production, but to reject it for this reason would be wrong. This is about the linking of the cycle path, in which one follows it, one moves and continues to discover things and places in the area, so yes ...to accept.

1 of 9 identical signs. Each belong to a Station, theoretically "mass production", NO.....because there are references to the varios Station that need to be discovered and used.

All the same signs! Theoretically "mass production".... No, because the signs belong to a path/ a series and should convey knowledge/ pass on information. So to accept.

☝🏻 In this example, the same applies as in the examples mentioned. This sign Show the connection of 2 European cities, which is something special. The cities are basically in exchange, support each other and often there are also events on occasions. So these signs Show and prove International culture and that fulfills points for the criteria. Yes, signs per se are mass production, but like community Boards, it's NOT about the object, it's about the mediaton. This sign is a 5☆ candidate if it can be located and safely accessible!

• Nickelson134-PGONickelson134-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

Mir fehlen die Worte! Kann mir das jemand erklären?

• Hi there, @Nickelson134-PGO! We're not currently reviewing PokéStop nominations. Please resubmit the nomination by improving its title/description if you feel that it was a valid nomination.

• Nickelson134-PGONickelson134-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

This is exactly the problem. I don't feel like submitting every Wayspot several times until it gets accepted. I already had several Wayspot that were accepted after the 3rd or 4th time. I have to work every time to get an upgrade, in order for this to be reviewed. Regarding this Wayspot, I find the reasons for rejection absurd. Offensive or inappropriate activity on a sign??? And it can not be proven whether the location is correct?? You can clearly see the grocery stores in the background on the supporting image, and you can't just fake them like that. Sure, you can always polish the description, but no one wants to read a novel and you can only write a certain number of words in the text box. Why can't you approve Wayspot that are really wayspots and not only remove wayspot? @NianticCasey-ING & @NianticGiffard

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

they have mentioned that they are looking at doing improvements with a possibility of certain nominations getting an appeal. How ever if everyone and there dog wants to appeal every nomination they ever make it will stall the system even worse than it is now.

What was the last reason? Was it “does not meet acceptance criteria”? If so instead of using a url to the forums here which really don’t do anything without a niantic stamp on it and even then not so much. I would use the supporting info to explain how it meets criteria instead