Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Need for translation to other local languages for improvement of website as a whole

Kindly add hindi language and many other local Indian languages option in Wayfarer website because many Indian people face difficulty in understanding English language and brings hurdles to them to understand the things.

Tagged:
6 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• aceariel2016-PGOaceariel2016-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

Yes i also agree to it, would be better for people who couldn't understand English language and I also need a translation option on title and both descriptions from other languages to English as well because for instance yesterday I saw in a good nomination but couldn't understand it's language in its description so I gave it's title and description as 3 star rating and did rated other things accordingly.

• Vedansh2451-PGOVedansh2451-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭

Yes @aceariel2016-PGO I also feel it weird sometimes a translation option might help everywhere I guess.

• shivamzzznm-INGshivamzzznm-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Support from niantic would be much appreciated.

• Thanks for your feedback! As part of our efforts related to Wayspots in India, we are working on adding the following languages to Wayfarer: Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi. I don't have a specific timeline for this to launch, but it is in the pipeline. 

• KOWLOONsGT-INGKOWLOONsGT-ING Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

If only there was an "OCR translator" that could translate the text in photos so everyone would enjoy reviews from around the world!

• aceariel2016-PGOaceariel2016-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

Thanks niantic for making improvements for our country, I also want other languages to English translation as well that would help in certain situations like I sent above.

• KdashP-PGOKdashP-PGO Posts: 1

Translations won't help for wayspot reviews since the texts are often short, have local or local language meaning etc. I get tons of review requests (I live in Finland) from Sweden, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, all written in local languages that I have no clue on. This means that I can review in average abt. 1 wayspot per day (many days zero) and then I'm stuck with something I have no clue on.

It would greatly help the review process if Niantic would limit the reviews to such language postings, that the reviewer has claimed that she can understand.