An outside view

DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

Found this Video today and I think it's worth watching. Gives you a bit of an insight in how people who don't participate in this forum view the system.

Comments

• pkmnsearch2-PGOpkmnsearch2-PGO Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

this video is why there is too much frustration and so much coal/badly submitted 5* noms from the pokemon go community.

lack of submission education by niantic.

wayfarer is more known with ingrss users due to their history with OPR.

while from pokemon go, in anywhere you dont see a direct information about wayfarer or a place to see how your nominations are going..

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely concur that there's a lot of frustration because Niantic doesn't do a very good job of educating submitters.

While I maintain that a submitter test is a bad idea, I think it would be wonderful if Niantic had a required "Submissions 101" page that people had to view before they submitted anything. It would talk a little bit about what makes a good candidate, link to the criteria, provide guidance on titles and descriptions, explain why the supporting information is important and what should be in it, and give them an outline of how the process works. A lot of people would just go to the page and click the button but at least they'd know it's there and the ones who cared would start with more information.

• Therealgw2-INGTherealgw2-ING Posts: 22 ✭✭

Most of the reviewers don’t know how to review..

• LunaChui-INGLunaChui-ING Posts: 26 ✭✭

Niantic has done terrible job on exaplaining the system, teaching and advertising it.

I know plenty of level appropriate players who don’t know they can nominate and review, or don’t know how it works so they just waived it.

another example is the S2 cells that Niantic doesn’t bother to explain to the players (or even confirm it) and many of them don’t know why their nominations accepted and not appearing in game so they quit nominating and reviewing.