Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Nomination accepted but not appearing in games.

ShinyDorkar-PGOShinyDorkar-PGO Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Report a Bug

One of my nominations got accepted. But it isn’t appearing as a portal/pokestop. Here is the picture of the pokestop and location.

Kindly please look into the matter please.

Post edited by ShinyDorkar-PGO on

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Q: My accepted submission is not ingame. Why?

A: There are five posibilities:

• Your submission is in the 20 meter radius of a different POI (not all POIs are in Pokemon Go, but still count for the distance-rule). If your submission isnt in ingress, it got sorted out after the approval by the Nia system. You can submit it again with a different location (only if you got a specific area, for example on a playground, do not fake the location because of this rule!)
    • Your submission is in a full lvl 17 s2 cell (only for Pokemon Go)
    • Your submission is newly accepted and you have to wait a bit until it is getting synced to Pokemon Go (up to 34 hours)
    • A syncing error is blocking newly submitted POIs to get into the games, so it can take a little longer than 34 hours until they will appear in ING/PGO. Mostly, only one game got syncing errors, so you could check the other games to check for your POI.
    • The location of the POI is in a geoblocked area, meaning that POIs inside this area might not spawn in a specific Niantic game. Also it is possible, that some POIs might not qualify for a specific status ingame.

• aWildMelch-PGOaWildMelch-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

This has recently happened to me too.

I made sure there were no other pokestops within 20m. I walked it out and measured them on google maps. Most are closer to 30m.

The nomination does appear in ingress but not in PoGo and its been almost 3 weeks since it first appeared in Ingress. I wish I knew what I did wrong so i could avoid it in the future.

edit:

now that I found a map that will overlay cells onto a satellite map i see i put it in the same cell as another by a few feet. that is unfortunate....

This would have been a useful tool before i started submitting a lot of POIs.

My question is... how come i can go places that are absolutely loaded with pokestops? Based on the size of these cells that seems impossible

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cells are not sized uniformly, and will vary in size depending on their position on the planet. This is due to the Earth being a spheroid.

Similarly, the distance block for portals varies a bit, as well (again, due to non-flat Earth).

Are you closer to the equator, by chance?

• Rishi089-PGORishi089-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem

Please see printscreen below:

Nearly three weeks

The pokestop should have already appeared

Another one got accepted today and already appeared.

Please look into.

• Rishi089-PGORishi089-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

It should have been withdrawn then or turn into a gym.

Please enlighten.

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Even though it was accepeted, if it was within 20m of an existing waypoint then it would not be added to the map.

If it was not too close an existing waypoint but was within an occupied cell then it won't show up in PoGo but will appear in Ingress and possibly in other Niantic games.

• Zero868-PGOZero868-PGO Posts: 0

Hi I recently got and approval for a pokestop around my home in an rural area but it hasn't gone live . Can someone please halo in resolving this issue , it hard to go out and play pokemon go and this pokestop will help me and my friends in the area to play from home in this pandemic

Q: My accepted submission is not ingame. Why?

A: There are five posibilities:

• Your submission is in the 20 meter radius of a different POI (not all POIs are in Pokemon Go, but still count for the distance-rule). If your submission isnt in ingress, it got sorted out after the approval by the Nia system. You can submit it again with a different location (only if you got a specific area, for example on a playground, do not fake the location because of this rule!)
    • Your submission is in a full lvl 17 s2 cell (only for Pokemon Go)
    • Your submission is newly accepted and you have to wait a bit until it is getting synced to Pokemon Go (up to 34 hours)
    • A syncing error is blocking newly submitted POIs to get into the games, so it can take a little longer than 34 hours until they will appear in ING/PGO. Mostly, only one game got syncing errors, so you could check the other games to check for your POI.
    • The location of the POI is in a geoblocked area, meaning that POIs inside this area might not spawn in a specific Niantic game. Also it is possible, that some POIs might not qualify for a specific status ingame.

• Hey @Zero868-PGO,

While some nominations may be deemed eligible by the community of reviewers on Niantic Wayfarer for inclusion into Niantic’s location database, they may not necessarily be added into every Niantic game. After a nomination is approved by reviewers, there is an additional automated review that determines whether the nomination is an appropriate fit for each particular Niantic game. Each game has their own set of criteria for this step, so some nominations may be accepted into one game but not another.

The most common reason that an eligible nomination is not added to Pokémon GO is because the nomination is too close to existing PokéStops or Gyms.

Thanks,