Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Simple but meaningful?

Hey, I was wondering if street art made with simple forms should be accepted. The following images are good examples of what I mean

The second example is the face of a person who disappeared during the dictatorship. It is visually not that astounding, but I think it is culturally very relevant. The other two are also pretty interesting, kind of funny and creative, but since they seem to be made through stencil it makes me question their validity.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

First looks cool.

Second one would need a decent description.

Third one might be hit and miss.

• grsmhiker-INGgrsmhiker-ING Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭

The third one honestly looks photoshopped to me. Maybe it's just the quality of that particular image though.

I'd probably rate these somewhere middle of the road, not necessarily 1 or 5 star.

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first 2 I could go either way. Now the first one I do like a lot personally but it could be quickly done and temporary. I would still likely rate it decently.

The third one I believe is a websites advertisement for their panda stencil and a mock up of how it looks. I’m guess these were just pulled from google images. Stencils are tough because they are kind of mass produced yet may be uncommon to see. Likely approved street art isn’t a common stencil and a quality piece paid for by a city.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are stencils, if they are approved then you'll see a huge increase of vandalism putting them all around.

Buy a spray, get one template and you can get a Pokestop anywhere that you want, it doesn't matter if the owner of the building has to clean them up afterwards, people will get their precious pokestops.

• Mago8bits-PGOMago8bits-PGO Posts: 5

Yeah, that was my question, I mean. Stencils in back alleys, for example, places where I’m sure it will never be erased (I’ve seen some of these cases around my city). These cases are my doubt.

That is my doubt. The way that sentence is written, “ineligible, as they are not permanent” makes me think that a permanent stencil should be eligible. There are public spaces in my neighborhood, pedestrian passages between streets where no cars pass, that have some simple but interesting stencils (like those In the images) and they have been there for many years, I don’t think they will ever be erased. None of these spaces had ever been painted by the city hall or any of the surrounding residences.

What do you all think?

Sidewalk stencils - Ineligible, as they are not permanent”

does that mean that interesting stencils that will probably never be erased should be eligible?

I ask this conceptually, I’m not referring to a specific case.

Great! I agree, but was starting to think the reviewer community interpreted the guidelines differently.