Work Break Areas

I’ve seen some nominations for break area’s at work location. They have lots of outside space for employees but I’m not sure if it counts. Yea it’s great for people to gather and such but it’s only accessible to the employees. Are they eligible or not? Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• AshPackr-PGOAshPackr-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

It’s like a bunch of picnic tables outside the building for employees to sit or relax.

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve approved employee gazebos and pavilions, not sure how I would feel about picnic tables.

We have one picnic table with an umbrella outside of my workplace that I don’t think meets eligibility requirements.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if it was a pavilion or gazebo you could get it accepted no problem. If its just picnic tables personally I wouldn’t bother with it.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some shelters like this are intended as "employee smoking areas." If a nomination is clearly marked as a "smoking area," I imagine "adult-oriented" (inappropriate) would be an acceptable rejection.

Outside of smoking areas, though, such places would likely be acceptable nominations. They wouldn't be my favorite nominations, but I think I would still approve them as long as they meet the usual requirements for this type of meeting place (permanent, more substantial than just a picnic table, etc.).

• Janetx68-PGOJanetx68-PGO Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Bumping the conversation up. I've submitted three employee break areas, all of which were open and available to the public if someone happened to be in the area. Got two out of three approved.

I thought this little amphitheater style seating area in behind an office complex was really cool. I was concerned people wouldn't vote for it because it doesn't have real tables and chairs, and it's a bit hard to show the area in a photo, but it got approved.

This little spot is located in the middle of a parking lot in a nondescript office complex. It's super cute, but I thought people might think it was too tiny to be considered a POI, plus I forgot to do a photosphere, but it was accepted.

This one seemed like the strongest nomination; it's a fairly large area with tables and umbrellas and benches and really nice landscaping, and I did a photosphere:

Of course, that's the one that got shot down. Any thoughts on whether it's worth trying again? (And spending an upgrade; I can't get anything acted on without one). I thought maybe it would help to got a shot of people actually using the site for the supplemental photo, but I don't live or work near enough to the place to easily go by at lunch time, plus, that's kind of creepy. It is genuinely a nice spot, darn it.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Congrats on the 2 approvals. They don't look like anything I associate with when I was thinking "work break areas."

The 3rd could be accepted if you improved the text. I wouldn't dwell too much on it being an employee break area. Look at what worked for the other 2 and work the 3rd like them.