Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Well done! Come back soon when there's more to explore! = 4 day cooldown v2

13»

Comments

• kitanchik-INGkitanchik-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭

im in welldone too. it started on 04.26 evening, and i believe suddenly the new set will arrive tomorrow evening. ok, i could accept the term, that no more reviews left, i could accept the limit of reviews to one agent, i could accept that the db refreshes once in 4 days, let it be. but i want to see on my profile page the title "you have [number] of reviews pending. next income on [date]" then i can control my time, review them at once and forget till that date, or portion them to every morning. clarify that to agents, and stop that conspiracy theories. at this time i believe that there is just have got a ban for too fast tapping. and feel hit on the nose with a rag. sad.

• TurckoPT-INGTurckoPT-ING Posts: 36 ✭✭✭

I had not made any reviews for a while, last session was on the 26th. The queue in my area is far from over and I have kept my bonus location in India where the queue is far from cleared even after the WF event (since there was a tier 3 target and we only managed tier 1).

After reviewing 8 things, I got the "Well done, come back soon" message. I will not be surprised if suddenly I get reviews again only in 4 days, but I will let you know.

Clearly not solved this "not a bug working as intended" feature.

i have to say, i'm back in queue after 4d welldone, and all looks fine so far after 170 reviews. i have got 2 captcha in beginning, i underline - without pictures, just with checkboxes (should it?), but then they stopped to appear. in all - mostly interesting or investigable nominations, not only playgrounds in a row. so i had to spend enough time on each. i could tell some guidelines, but i believe Niantic wouldn't like me to do it. so everyone probably should find the point by himself here.

and on the other hand - one of predictions - mb the browser was stopping something, what i have changed after. safe site/third party etc. but only Niantic can clarify here.

edited May 2021

in welldone again after 387 reviews in exactly 3 days (72h). no more 4h cooldowns, no more captcha, all done in appropriate time, great status.

strange things for me:

1. photo reviews repeats obviously, more and more often last evening.
    2. empty photos appears from last evening, in other words - empty images at all. - if it exists and just not appears - i could have made wrong decisions.
    3. the table appeared now - "Please retry your request." I waited a few minutes, tried again, waited some more, tried again, 4 times i think. and BOOM! - welldone. at Monday, ~05:00 UTC. we should not review this time probably :)

p.s. we need other timer on photo review. it is critical. find the way to do it please. 5s is great, according to those 20s for new review.

Post edited by kitanchik-ING on
  • ashwingj-PGOashwingj-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭

Got this issue twice now.

I live in a area where people keep submitting wayspots, we have a whatsapp group where people post about their submissions. And its always active.

I just got this again after 2 days of the initial "ban".

i probably begin to understand what is going on. there is an amount of new portal submits which can be in the queue pool. one approved - out, one new in. depending on how many active not lazy reviewers are in your 1+8 s2 cell location. you can get it by the days your own submit is in vote. as for me - arguing on my 4d cooldowns after 3d and ~250 new reviews/~700photos, and my own submits accepting - i believe, that my personal pool is ~40-50 new wayspots reviews per day, some text and ~100 photos, but the photos goes to the very end. if i start to review more - i rеаch the end and get the "exhausted" message for ~3.5-4 days at last. the system dont like to scrape the bottom. so, my submits gets back from the voting in ~10 days. if i see they gets out faster - i can review more.

i repeat: this is my understanding of the logic at the moment of 18 days experience behind the wheel with the 3rd 4 days cooldown. i will continue to observe. mb im still totally wrong .

so, just accept, that you cant review more, than exists in the voting pool at the moment. and you need more active reviewers around you, which are fanatics like you, to get more reviews for yourself. you are limited by your surrounding :)

on the other way - Niantic could explain it with preliminary numbers to stop the theories. and also they could bring the personal pool remain to the account page to not get the system exhausted.

edited May 2021

well, im back, counted, and i believe now, that the exhausted cooldown is configured to 300 000 seconds. mb they wanted 5min, but vgot 5000min? :)

@NianticGiffard sorry for disturbing, this thread is old in investigating, but could you please to transfer this number to support team and clarify for us the time, which Niantic really wants to prevent the bottom scrapping. is it 5min or 5000min? im sure, the cooldown is wise, and it is set to not spam the system, but 5000min is extremely too much, as you give 240min for too fast (spam) reviewing.

Post edited by kitanchik-ING on

while they fix it (mb somewhen) - the workaround is: when you get many photos in a row - you are near the end. if you see the "retry" message - do not believe it, do not push that red button. go away, stop fore some hours at least.

• vbunny5-PGOvbunny5-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

I got a cooldown on May 20th for 24 hrs for just logging in Wayfarer. I didn't even do any reviews before that.

• Cdk296-PGOCdk296-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

Just got the come back later after well, 1200 review split on severals days. It was not a honey pot or anything, so let's see if I am ban 4 days or if the recent update repaired this bug.

so far i did not have a cooldown after my discover. i just stop on retry message till the next day. i make now ~500/week, the same was in 3 days and 4 days cooldown :) and yes, i believe the personal amount depends on how fast your locale query runs (how active are other reviewers around)

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe anyone would believe that the end of queue would last 4 days. Not seeing any upgrades, edits, photo nominations or nominations would never be a normal scenario for 4 days straight.

After this clarification that there was indeed a bug:

I can hardly wait for @TheFarix-PGO to come here and apologize for repeatedly dismissing those that reported it.

Also, heartfelt thanks to @NianticDanbocat for looking into things and fixing this. It has been plaguing frequent reviewers for many months now, great job!

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

It actually confirmed what I've said all along. It wasn't a "4 day cool down or ban". It was the end-of-queue message. I received a lot of personal abuse and insults for correctly calling out people's misrepresentation of what was happening. Like the analogy I used elsewhere, it was like someone complaining that they got sick on spoiled oranges, but then insult the person who points out that they didn't eat oranges, but they ate apples instead.

The fact that too many people kept denying that they were getting the end-of-queue message, and insisted they were getting a "4 day cool down or ban" instead lead Niantic to think that everything was working as intended.

You did read the Niantic response where it clearly stated that being locked out for 4 days was totally a bug and they fixed it? Which was what everyone claimed on this topic: reaching the end of queue is all well and good, but having it last 4 days makes 0 sense. For all practical effects, it worked as a softban.

Niantic now acknowledges it as a bug, and you are STILL in denial?

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭✭

People knew from context and discussion with others that there were still a great many nominations in queue, so they said: “I was locked out of reviewing, only instead of four hours, my cool-down lasted four days.”

You claimed that they had all reached the bottom of their hypothetical ‘personal queue’.

Niantic found a bug and fixed it. They did not confirm that people were not locked out of reviewing. They confirmed that people were locked out unintentionally.

Since you had no special knowledge of the intent behind Wayfarer’s design, what is your claim? That there is a different message depending on which bug occurs?

• Cdk296-PGOCdk296-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Yeah I came back to see this but of course he complained.

[REDACTED]

Post edited by Basslord808-ING on
  • Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

This appears to be still happening. I last reviewed some nomination either yesterday or 2 days ago. Lately, I'm maybe just reviewing anywhere from 5-10 a day. At that time, as far as I know, the last nomination review went through and I didn't get a message or anything.

But today, when I start to review, on my very first nomination, I get the " Well done! Come back soon when there's more to explore!" message. So no reviews for me at all today.

So it looks like I got soft banned, when I don't even recall that I had any issues the last time I was reviewing

• Juleswtal-PGOJuleswtal-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

Same here. My last warning for having reviewed "too fast" is long ago. All the last days and weeks I have been able to review normally and took enough time for each review, never facing any issue (except for some robot tests once in a while), but since two days I receive this notification as well. It is definitely not the end of the queue, as I am in South Germany and there are always plenty of nominations to review (I alone have about 20 in voting and even more in queue).

In the past I have been banned from reviewing for a few hours (apparently for not taking enough time to 1* obvious fake nominations), and I accept that, but this time there is no notification at all.

In addition, since this issue I do not see local showcase examples anymore, but two global ones from USA and Japan..

• MiJi987-PGOMiJi987-PGO Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Nice work! 

Swing by later for more reviews!

I got this massage today after just one review. I see local wayspots in my showcase, I know for a fact that there are plenty to review in my area, my bonus and hometown locations are set, and I take my time reviewing. what’s up?

I think right now it’s not 4 days lockout but about 30 minutes, but I can’t review this way.

• NorfosAlus-PGONorfosAlus-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

i'm actually pissed cuz of this bug. I literally know there are edits (cuz i made them myself) yet i keep getting end of queue messages when other local reviewers can find those edits. I am able to find them eventually, after spending lots of time refreshing the page...

• Cowboygenius-PGOCowboygenius-PGO Posts: 118 ✭✭

I have to argue the issue is not runing out of nominations. Fake news. I personally know people in my town that will do 20 at a time every 20 days, I also sent many as well did my brother. I get threw 5 or 6 reviews than get a cool down. I know there not out of nominations. I hardly get them in my town anyway. So in 5 min, every one in the USA has been reviewed? If that was the case we all would have results sooner. I notice the "all done" or "cool down" as some call it comes up after the 5 or 6 rejection. Are you saying you want us to quit rejecting stuff? I am a top reviewer. I carefully watch each one, make sure I see a location, and the photo/title follows guidelines. Most rejecting I give are due to people taking pictures of them self's, their homes/ or location at home, cars/people in photo, purposely making fake nomination, etc. Than I get punished by not being allow to review more? Litery, if to many are rejected at once they stop you from reviewing. I wish they would review themselves for 24 hours. They would see 70% dose not meet eligibility criteria anymore and what does is easy to find and does not take as long. Just because I can go threw them real fast does not mean I am not looking threw it. To further argue that they are not running out, I had went over to friends house's and watch each one they did. I did not help as I want them to learn. I went home and did not see 1 of the ones they went threw. I question another friend on some he seen the very next day and he had some that my other friend did. There is no runing out. There is plenty out there and most of what I get is out of state anyway even though my location is marked in my town and many people send nominations out.

1) We need a better system to not punish people for doing their job. If someone is purposely skipping threw, than I can see them being punish. Maybe find a way that the computer picks up on fake stuff so we don't have to deal with it.

2) Obviously there are many complains above that people are resetting locations because they get nothing from there town. When this first came out they made it sound like we would see ones from our town. We should see our town first, heck, we live there so we would know what is real and fake.

3) To avoid people just rejecting or excepting in a scam way maybe give each person so many hours a day or 100 reviews a day or something simple.

4) Each review seems to be getting rejected by the staff team. Many follow guidelines down to the T, but someone is using stupid stuff as "unsafe location" and "title incorrect" when clearly it is not. They are doing this to skip, to get to there town. Another great reason to review are own towns as we know what is there. Other towns are just spamming the system. I have had 2 or 3 excepted out of the last 3 times I sent out 40,20,20 nominations. That says something is wrong with the system.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is another bug report about this issue that I've posted.

As far as I'm aware, the end of queue messages (i.e. Nice work!") and all those are very easy to trigger now. I won't review for a day or two, and during my first session back, I will still only get a handful of nominations to review before I get the message again.

Please do something.

• NorfosAlus-PGONorfosAlus-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Exactly. There have literally been cases of me not reviewing 2-3 days and getting this message as soon as 1 REVIEW. This bug basically says, maybe you don't need to do free work for this compay...

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had this problem before, and it was probably due to the fact that I hadn't set my home location yet.

After setting the home location to urban (in my case, I put it at Tokyo Station), it does not appear.

If your location is in a place with a low stock of wayspot nominations, and your home location is the same or not set, you will probably see this frequently when the stock of nominations drops below a certain level.

And it seems that some reviewers misunderstand the home location as their current location. Therefore, if you have set your home location to be the same as your current location (where you live), the same problem is likely to occur.

This is why I think that Niantic should clear up some misunderstandings.

That there are three areas to judge: current location, home, and bonus.

And for this issue, it would be good if you would consider having nominations for dry areas around the world appear in the review if they are not stocked.

The issue of dry areas is a longstanding one. I would be happy if you could consider this as a solution.