Ban for incorrectly reviewing incorrect or inappropriate titles/descriptions, existing Wayspots

Thyron1992-INGThyron1992-ING Posts: 28 ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in General Discussion

Hello Trainer,

We have confirmed that you have been incorrectly reviewing incorrect or inappropriate titles/descriptions for existing Wayspots that do not meet our criteria. As a result of this violation, your Wayfarer account has been suspended for 30 days.

So not so, sorry I have about 13000 ratings that are in the excellent range and was now banned for something like that? Niantic please check properly. I respect and evaluate stehts fairly according to the rules that you serve us.  And 13000 k Ratings are good for an Wayfarer Voter.

It can not be true. Sry but so you take away the new pokestops I want to rate or even myself the stops I submitted to play in the game world. And in my town there are to few stopps and spawns. Otherwise i will completely turn my back on the system.

Please check, other ppl get it too for indescribable reasons

Comments

• Fullzoom-PGOFullzoom-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

I recieved the same generic email. I have no clue what i have done wrong. There is no more info given, so assume it is another mistake by Niantic. I have always been in the excellent or good range lately...

So this comes totally out of the blue...

For me, this is just a slap in the face!

Niantic please check again! At least let us know what we have done wrong..i assume..nothing!

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if this is related to the mass editing abuse where editors were adding the name of a particular player to titles and descriptions in order to hara.ss the player over reporting invalid Wayspots. It is the only case that involving mass edit abuse in the last few days.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Have any of you made changes to the location of a Wayspot in voting? What about doing location edits to existing Wayspots to change S2 cells?

• Xmacke7x-INGXmacke7x-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

The mail clearly states reviewing titles or descritions. I did nominate some edits in the past. And I got the ban. Someone in my local wayfarer group got this ban and never did edits. The only think she did beside reviewing or nomiating was to report a removed POI.

I bet they changed something on evaluating reviewing of edits which caused those bans. I hope Niantic will respond about this. The mail does not deliver much useful information.

Of course there are location edits in wayfarer...

When i was asked to choose the right location, i have choosen the most obvious one.

When i was unsure, i did not select a location or skipped the edit.

I never did anything to cheat the system because these edits need to be correct to ensure that other players get the right location for their POI!

I have never made location changes to my submissions!

@NianticGiffard ; @NianticCasey-ING :

I am asking you to look into this...it has to be a mistake.

With the best of intentions I cannot explain to myself where the error or wrong behavior should be on my side.

I never got a cooldown or a warning.

Please PM me with the explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Thyron1992-INGThyron1992-ING Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

Please for me too.. Other ppl have the same problems. And I didn't want to get next problems with wayfarer. I need it for new stopps portals and gyms in Pokemon go.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Hm. I guess I'm off reviewing until this has been adressed.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Even through you would approve fakes, you would never be totally able to check this without using Bots or any other source than Niantic gives us in Wayfarer.

The e-mail clearly states reviewing titles/descriptions. Why can`t they give an example?

• ChristianST1909-PGOChristianST1909-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

I am not from Germany but from a neighbouring state. Maybe you have a good point. However there are reports, that someone (with the same mail) didn't review anything since more than a month and also got the suspension yesterday.

But I am also sure that I never approved false "titles/descriptions" as mentioned in the email. Because if I am not sure regarding a title change/description or changed location, I don't confirm it at all. I also don't give a cent about wayfarers who post "please take the spot on the left, it is correct!". I always proove it by myself.

Since I really did many reviews the past 2 months... maybe we are now "indirectly victims" of a takedown which we have approved the last month. But to be honest, I don't think that's the case.

• c0bRa001-PGOc0bRa001-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭

Perhaps some Titles/Descriptions had a (german?) wording in it which is harassing as english expression?

1.) Good point because the complete wording of this email is really not helpful.

2.) To be honest I would guarantee that I never would have approved a harassing or abusive title description. Not even accidentally. If they would say, "hey you approved a new fake wayspot" => Ok, maybe I overlooked a (really, really good) trap. But comfirming harassing or abusive description? Nope.

We all know how many fake-wayspots (sometimes even in the showcase-gallery) are existing.... but a 30 day-ban without a warning... it seems strange to me. I really can't review more detailed as I do right now. So what I should learn about this when they are threating me to suspend my whole game-account if I do one more false review?! Well, stop reviewing forever.... ?

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, as @TheFarix-PGO mentioned, it could have been that a playername was included in the descriptions or titles to **** them, and they didn't notice it or let it pass because they didn't think it was such a big deal.

It's unfortunate.

I also would rule that out.

However, sometimes there are nominations in another languages. But in this case I can only trust my google-translate. ;-)

How @ChristianST1909-PGO has written it, that is for me the same point. I'm from Germany and live near Wiesbaden. I mean you get a warning in Pokemon Go Ingress or Harry Potter. But in wayfarer you get nothing, like only an email with this what I have post yesterday. I mean a warning would be good. So you get an ban for 30 Days. With no good reason. Only that you can look on the side Wayspot Criteria.

30 Days back or forth, then I consider no longer to vote, because otherwise the 2 ban comes and no more goes.

• c0bRa001-PGOc0bRa001-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Or somebody exploited the system and found a name who is mentioned in many titles/descriptions like "Kirche" (=church) or something like that, and so the "playername" is in the title/description and he exploit it to "rename" the Spots already with his nickname in it in the right title/description, so wayfarer choose the right one which must have his name in it to be right and so the player get accidentally banned by the system, caused by lack of foreign languages and the nickname of the requester is and was already in it...

Niantic should answer us. That s the best way. So we can look what we did false. I have written my statement to this.

Just for my internal investigation => Could everyone who is affected post the time of receiving the Niantic-mail?

If there is a hidden bot from Niantic, we should have received the mail at the same time. (+/- some minutes).

(I start -> May 03, 2021 - 21:38).

edited May 2021

Mail came 3. Mai 2021, 22:15 utc Germany +2

Hope it s right

Did anyone replied to the mail yet. I replied to it with this mail. Maybe others who got the ban, could reply to the suspension mail, too.

Here is my mail:

Hello,

I actually do not know what to do with this. I can not see what I have done wrong. Maybe you could give those edits I reviewed wrongly.

If I do not get an answer to this I will not review again. I do not want to lose my Pokemon Go account. I did over 20000 reviews in wayfarer and I have an agreement rate at over 70%. I rate by my best judgement and I think it is totally injust to get a suspension without any warning and the exact reason why.

With many other fellow german wayfarers getting this suspension, it might be a mistake. Maybe it is to sensitiv filter or someone of other automation bug.

So I asked you to look into it and give me all the details about my suspension so that we can find out what went wrong.

Best regards

I received the mail on May 03, 2021, 19:50

German Trainer here, area of Gießen.

• Zappi75-PGOZappi75-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭✭

I got this warning too. I wasn’t login on wayfarer since 6 weeks. My review score was always good (green).

i received this warning on 3. May, 20:34

I like to add...Title of the mail was:

Re: [13234954] Message from Niantic

Each mail has a different number. I think we can now guess how many are affected.

Just subtract the lowest number from the highest number posted here...