Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Upgrade Not Sending Submission into Voting

Christi713-PGOChristi713-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭

I earned an Upgrade to apply to a submission for a new piece of public art that was installed in my area. Usually once the Upgrade is applied, my submission goes into voting right away.

I thought maybe my original title had a banned word so I changed it. Nothing seems to move it into voting. Please help. I've attached a screen shot of the submission to show the Title and description I used.

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• ArtilectZed-INGArtilectZed-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

I upgraded my "Little Free Library #114100" submission not long after submitting it. The submission above it, "The Hamptons Information Board" was made about 5 or so minutes after it. Since then, well, you can see how my other submissions have gone. Seems like upgrading a submission gets it stuck in queue right now? I think the most recent submission I made, "Sunwood Lakes Playground", was promoted to In Voting before I even made it home.

• MummaL-PGOMummaL-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have the same behaviour here, I made 4 submissions recently, i have been able to upgrade two which are still waiting in queue, while 2 of the others went to in voting before the upgraded ones.

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

There may be other upgraded nominations in front of yours in the queue.

The Little Free Library nomination is only marked as upgrade next, it does not actually have an upgrade applied to it yet.

• aceariel2016-PGOaceariel2016-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

@Christi713-PGO upgrades doesn't guarentee that a nomination goes to voting it depends on queue and other existing nominations in voting but it ensures you to get more quick results by going through a timely process so don't worry it will go in voting soon.

• Missingn0Xpert-PGOMissingn0Xpert-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

I came across a similar issue, an update of mine is active for almost 2 days without draging the candidate from Q into voting. That is rather unusual behaviour usually the whole process is finished after ~12 hours. An upgrade that was applied today already brought the candidate into voting so this might be a temporary issue?

And its still waiting to go into voting. I have made a number of other submissions near by that have also gone into voting and been accepted since I made my previous post in this thread.

• aDudeInBlue-PGOaDudeInBlue-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have a similar situation with "Upgrade Next"

In Niantic's "Nomination Management" under Help on the main page, it mentions:

• "Upgrade Next - If you have no Upgrades available, you can select one nomination to be upgraded when an Upgrade is earned. If no nomination is selected, the upgrade will be applied to an eligible nomination randomly."

It makes me wonder if I flagged an item as "Upgrade Next," it's not really applying my unused upgrades.

Under "Upgrades" under Help in the main page, it mentions:

• You can apply an Upgrade to a specific Wayspot nomination from the Nominations page. If no nomination is selected, then the Upgrade will be applied randomly. If an Upgrade is earned and there are no nominations available, it's saved for later use. If you have unused Upgrades and make a new nomination, then the Upgrade will be applied automatically.

I am wondering if I messed up by applying "Upgrade Next" before the upgrade was applied automatically. I wonder if I now need to earn another upgrade by reviewing items or else this item will not get the upgrade. Kind of annoying if true.

In the last two or three days, the Little Free Library submission finally went into voting. I would say the issue was resolved.