Revenge-abuse suspect due to multiple random rejections

GYSGHOST-INGGYSGHOST-ING Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Nomination Improvement

Hello I'm a wayfarer addict, I'm working by a year for mapping south of sardinia island in Italy, with the help of a local community we were going good, but lastly some things changed ...

While in the past, random rejections on legit waysposts were supposed to happens only once or two for (the same) single nomination first to get accepted ;

now some "specific nomination" in "some specific" areas are getting rejected with random reasons for more then 6 or 7+ tries , more then 6 or 7+ single nominations rejected with improved photo quality, high quality context and clarification of details (photo spheres/google SW too).

We are talking about squares, statues, monuments, parks, excursion paths, eco-bike sharing, historical landmark, mural, gyms and athletic fields. All things on this list are passing through some towns in 1 or 2 tries while in other aren't passing so easily, with weird reasons that doesn't give any help for improve the quality of the next nomination tries.

It seems like someone, at least 2 people with good wayfarer rateo, doesn't like some wayspots which are valide legit ando good wayspot inestead, those people are trolling, it causes risks of reputation downgrade for them but also for "real good reviewers" other then slow down the nomination queue and not let appear those wayspots for more then years ruining the fun of local gameplay.

Other problem that is happening multiple times:(moving the pin purposely).

[Main square of the town]

It's a revenge rejection if something like this happens, organized pin movement into other portal bounds, ( no reason) but approved wayspot ( it doesn't appear obviously because it is too near another portal)

Waited 1 month for let pass a portal edit that is passed, so there's even more not necessary space... Then this happened

Other 50 abused and odd cases will be reported if this post became relevant.

I can't describe all the nomination rejection in one post unlikely because every single story requires to pay attention to details, and I should organize and compress a lot of stuff, but generically are bad using of things like:

"Photo of the nomination appears to be of a live animal instead of a valid object.",

" Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views."

" Nomination appears to be a natural feature (waterfall, mountain, lake, etc.) that is not connected to a man-made object "

"Photo is low quality (e.g., pitch black/blurry photos or photos taken from a car)"

"Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria"

"The real-world location of the nomination appears to have explicit or inappropriate activity."

"Nomination is fake and does not exist at the submitted location, Nomination appears to be a natural feature (waterfall, mountain, lake, etc.)"

And much more, basically used in rotation to the same nomination again and again and again.

For now i will try to nominate some wayspots until they pass,i have no other choice, i m just complaining about this method .《this system works but repeatedly nominating the same wayspot again and again slow down the process, consequences: niantic players disvantages*Areas

If you have experiencing odd rejection please tell me your story, i need to understand how to escape from this limbo.

Comments

• Leean0908-PGOLeean0908-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

I’m very new to wayfare but the way I seen it as the more the reviewers reject the quicker there Percentage for an upgrade increases or there just jobs worths that get a kick out of having the power to Reject them sad rather way coz stops ppl playing the game as much as they would like to

• Leean0908-PGOLeean0908-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

As a reviewer and a player I don’t think it’s a fair system at all

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can read many posts of people complaining about odd rejection reasons. That's not specific to any location, it happens all around the world.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

A rejected nomination of a restaurant, which are already different to get approved, is not proof of 'revenge rejections'. Nor is getting randomly selected reasons evidence because there are plenty of reviews who avoid selecting the same reasons over and over again because they thing it will trigger a cool down, or because they do not thing that 'doesn't meet criteria' is informative enough and that any other reason is better than it. Also it takes far more than a couple of reviewers to reject an nomination. It has to be a majority of the reviewers who saw the nomination.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reviewing requires a large number of people to look at a single review. Your progess towards an upgrade depends on you giving the same answer as the majority of reviewers, so if you just clicked "refuse" all the time you are not going be in agreement with a lot of Waypoint evaluations.

Your reviewer rating depends to a large extent on how well you agree with all the other reviewers. IF you are constantly or largely "wrong" you reviewer rating will go down. Once your rating reaches "Poor" or "Fair" you stop getting increases in your badge stat counts, so there is a downside to doing what you suggest some people are doing.