Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Upgrade (In Voting) Not Showing Current Submission Information

Help! I lost an upgrade due to what I believe is a Waystop synching bug.

I earned an upgrade to apply to a submission for a local trail marker. Days before applying the upgrade, I provided (in the description and supporting information boxes) historical/contextual information about my stop and the google maps photosphere. 

None of that was shown to the reviewers evaluating my upgraded submission when it went into voting (according to the rejection email I received). See below for submission email showing 1) "Hold spot Text" from email. And 2) actual submission (text finalized days before voting) with context and full rationale.

I believe I lost an upgrade due to internal waystop submission syncing issues. Can my upgrade be restored?

using iPhone with iOS 14.5

Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

In the mail, you will always see the title/description you submitted the portal with. The text will of course be updated on the reviews and on the POI:

Having said that, this is working as intended. However, I understand that this should get fixed to prevent confusion.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is how it's always worked. The emails show the information for the Wayspot at the time it was originally submitted. The reviewers will correctly see any edits you've made though.

• ArtVandelay1979-PGOArtVandelay1979-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

thanks for the feedback! That is helpful to know. It does seem buggy to use only initial text in feedback email.

This is my first time using upgrade, and tbh I still think the text may have been mid-synced in my case. I applied upgrade, nom went to voting, and my submission was rejected 90 minutes later. I submitted rationale, trail map web link, and a Streetview photosphere. 95% of trail markers I review have much less. Unless my nomination was really garbage, I wouldn't think it would get rejected so quickly unless old text was used.

Also, my stats for the Google photosphere didn't budge...meaning nobody looked at the photosphere, which would only happen if the link was not presented (like in unsynced text).

Post edited by ArtVandelay1979-PGO on
  • LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Seems to really show the latest version now. Thanks for the fix!