Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No submissions are going thru in our S2-9 Cell ...

Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

... i am asking for a solution. this is going to be a little more text than usual.

me and my sons are submitting in the little towns that are on the upper corner of the 9-cell.

Yes, i do not expect that Niantic is talking about the "cells", so why do we just continue like there was nothing.

We did have some "legacy" wayspots in 2016, but that really wasnt much. to add to the problem, not many people did submissions in our towns.

Now there are alot Wayspots in the 2 bigger towns on the left side and lower side. These really are packed with alot of Wayspots.

THANKS to that, our cell isnt moving when we submit new wayspots in the smaller towns. Not an inch. Not a centimeter. We have to upgrade everything, but we cannot, as in the last 12 month we amassed alot of submissions that are not moving along.

We do suspect that there is something not right with the system. It must be a bug. It cannot be that we have to drive to the bigger towns to play, because we are not able to get any wayspots in our smaller towns.

I talked to my family and friends, and we´d say that there are about 200+ submissions that are clogged. We cannot upgrade 200+ submissions, as many of the players cannot use wayfarer on a regular basis. Also those Wayfarers that do vote seldom get ANY submission of the other players.

We, the community, are asking for a solution. Not in 12 month, but now. We are aware that Niantic isnt happy to talk about things like that but theres a whole community that is on the brink of just quitting because covid-19 isnt getting better and many people have to stay home.

Wayfarer is really problematic with its "build-in" features like fast-forwarding submissions in places that do not have many wayspots.

@NianticCasey-ING please do something about this.

THANK YOU, and please say hello to the new wayfarer-colleagues that hopefully will have a good fast solution for every wayfarer in the world that is doing a dedicated work and isnt payed for it.

Tagged:
18 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you, @jeyjeuks-ING , i am aware of these theories.

I ask for Niantics Actions.

• Thanks for your report @rodensteiner-ING, I have flagged this with the Wayfarer team and they are investigating the potential cause of this backlog in your area.

I'll keep an eye on this and let you know when the team has more information to share. Thanks for your patience.

@NianticCasey-ING so, did inspector Poirot´s Investigations lead up to something that you can circle back to us?

this is almost a year now in review.

you cannot tell me that this is normal. This is not London or Paris.

@NianticCasey-ING i am already waitn another month now.

Could you please do something? There are things in qeue that arent even in voting yet, and almost 10 month now.

@NianticCasey-ING i hope you will have a great weekend. Maybe you could circle back next week with some information about why our submissions are ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZleeping.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

The backlog doesn't just appear to be in @rodensteiner-ING's area. It seems to be a much more widespread issue. I've already made a bug report post of my own (I didn't see this one) and have noticed not only an unnatural slowdown in my area (both with getting nominations through and gaining agreements), but other people have noticed the system seems to be giving them the same edits multiple times, which suggests something to do with the system may be stuck in a loop.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

I was getting agreements trickle in even though I've taken a break for a couple of weeks. I got back an edit on May 3 and a nomination review on May 6th. There's more likely a slow on the part of reviewers and/or an increase in nominations. It may be the nice weather and people outside. The same edits may be jerks getting it denied and then spamming it.

I'm not saying the prioritization doesn't need to be changed because it does. I just don't think it's anything changed on the back end recently.

It is very nice that people who do not have many wayspots will get a "fast lane" in their s2-lvl9 cell.

problem is that there are many people in those "fast lane" cells that are submitting, and when someone reviews, their submissions are usually processed by the system in 7-21 days.

Our oulder submissions in the "slow lane" s2-lvl9 cell just simply do not get any votes anymore.

They have fallen into hibernation, and there are not enough people that use wayfarer to review, because, well it is what is is at the moment.

Time just passes, and nothing happens. As you said there isnt any change to the back end, because Niantic is sitting there with the broken pieces of Wayfarer and tries to make it into something, which wont happen because it needs to be restarted from scratch.

Dear Diary, another week has passed by, and i still have strong beliefs that Niantics Special-Investigation Team will soon discover the root of all problems and unearth the truth. It is out there. I hope Special Agent @NianticCasey-ING and the fellow @NianticGiffard will untagle a web of unfortunate footings and find their way into the bright daylight.

What will be? Will there be a revelation, to the burning questions "WHY?". Or will they just find the sad and hard truth, that somethings broken and they have given up?

Dear Diary, i hope we will soon find out.

dear diary, It is now June, and i think all Hope is lost. People have just Quit playing and that is Not because of Niantics approach to having a good time playing pgo atm.

The simple fact that Niantic decided to hide new shinys behind Tasks means that people have to Go to areas that have Higher amount of pokestops.

We Just cant get any more, as they are in voting for a year.

• xarxar-INGxarxar-ING Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Here's your problem, your area lands on same level 8 cell as the city of Mannheim etc.

Plenty of areas suffer from a year or longer queues right now so it is nothing special, don't expect it to be fixed but rather get those upgrades in.

edited June 2021

accidental double comment.

Post edited by xarxar-ING on

no, i do expect to have Niantic hear me.

the people here wont be able to upgrade, as they arent able to do a lot of wayfarer work. Their submissions will never go thru if NIA sticks to the solution that already crowded s2-9 / 8 cells wont move.

Hear me out: We are not living in crowded areas JUST BECAUSE there is 2-3 big cities in that cell.

Again Niantic: We sometimes only have 10 wayspots in a town and 2 gyms. I know that the towns 40km south have alot - but what are all those people doing here that cannot travel 40km for catching pokemon?

Niantic needs to find a solution asap for this.

If you can't do wayfarer then how do you play? Anyway don't expect them to do anything about it, it's Niantic after all.

• kitanchik-INGkitanchik-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭

and we have opposite situation in our locale (Vilnius) - people have city submits in the query even for 1 year, or for some months in the voting, nothing happens, and low density submissions pass in 3-5 days. i have to review again and again some repeating submissions from less density areas, as k-12 or fakes. as my own submissions from city, upgraded (without waiting), go through voting by 2+ weeks.

something wrong there, push that queue please

we do have some wayspots, but it just is one here and there and gyms. The Areas here do have the capacity of alot more. I am submitting in the area that is left s2-lvl8 cell you posted (Wald-Michelbach Area) and the basicly had nothing there. Things flew thru in 7 days. There is no Big City in that Area, so they are Prio 1.

There is even a small town that is separated between the line of s2-lvl8/9 cell, and it is truly horrifying to have one side fly thru in Under7 days, and the other side "in queue" for 12 month+

Niantic needs to change the whole thing. when we review, we only get stuff from somewhere.

See, this is not a problem to Niantic, either you start reviewing or you wait a few years. Up to you.

@xarxar-ING no, this isnt about people coming here claiming "nothing is going thru".

This is about a system that has a broken algorithm. Niantic has to fix the system so that it works properly. It cannot be that our submissions are in the backlog from 2019/2020 before Covid-19, and things that people submit in May 2021 are already accepted, unupgraded.

I know how fast the queue is in an area that doesnt had much wayspots. They easily could wait another 2-3 months, things are just going thru way to fast.

The Old stuff needs to be accepted or rejected, and should not sleep in the system for 1-2 years as it is now.

to make things worse now even upgraded things do not get into voting. i am desperate

@NianticCasey-ING

• Dawiydi-PGODawiydi-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

I am just tired of it. 3 upgraded items in our area have pended for months on in. It doesn't help that Niantic shows zero evidence of caring about the issue or even replying. My whole family loves Pogo. Not about to quit, but just upset that the company seems to be so inconsiderate of it's community

the sad truth is, that Niantic isnt able to solve the problems (someone) created.

The codepeople that made tis mess are surely not with Niantic anymore, and the ones that have to pick up the pieces arent able to change anything, if Niantic can´t really tell them what the problem is.

Customer is very unsatisfied -> Niantic reads, doesnt understand -> Niantic tells the codepeople that there is something that needs to be fixed -> codepeople say "huh? theres no probz, roger, roger!" -> Niantic shrugs -> Niantic Employee here says "copy paste" -> Customer is very unsatisfied.

At least it seems someone at NIA HQ has found a solutionz how to make things better.

i was just cleaning the carpet, and then i had the idea there might be something that shouldnt get dragged under it.

I wanted to just tell @NianticCasey-ING and @NianticGiffard : have a great weekend!

edited July 2021

Dear Diary, it is now nearly 4 month after we made last contact. What happened to the Niantic Team? Were they taken away? Have they made it to greener pastures? It seems that they have vanished into thin air.

All hope is lost.

@NianticTintino

Dear Tintino, as NianticCasey already has circled around this topic, i wanted to bring this to your attention, that i have still not had any circling-reply from them.

As Casey wont be back, i ask now that maybe, if you have a little spare time, could look at my problem. I do not know if the basics of the system are known to you already, so i just want to bring this to your attention.

We are still here with severe problems, as the lower half of our Area ("S2-Lvl8") is occupied by BIIIIG Cities (Mannheim and Heidelberg) with lots of mural-wayspots (that shouldnt have been wayspots) there are thousands in these towns. literally alot of these are pushed here and there, and most of these murals were fake anyway, but that isnt of interest here.

My Community and Myself are in the UPPER LEFT corner of the S2-Lvl8 Cell - guess what, we do not get anything thru here without upgrade. Things are in Voting for 2-3 years - BUT WE ARE RURAL. There are places here that dont even have a single wayspot.

People are furious that they have to drive 30-40km to get to a place where there is a normal amount of Wayspots (Pokestops).

This leads to all sorts of problems. People have to pay for gas, also the environment is damaged by this. We would rather stay here without driving. But there are simply not enough Wayspots to enjoy the games.

Upgrades are not a solution here. I am talking about backlogs the size of a book.

I am very sure this exact same problem is in 70% of the other S2-8 Cells in Europe. It has ruined the last years since covid started and has led to many people just quitting the games alltogether, because it isnt fun.

Dear Diary, another month has passed by, and the caretakes have changed. Now, there are different people attending this. What will be?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

Maybe one of the new caretakers knows a good plumber who set to work unblocking the system.

I submitted points on holiday in a rural location. One lucky point made it into a different level 8 cell and Went through quickly, the rest were not so fortunate are all just sitting waiting in voting.

@NianticDanbocat Dear DanBocat,

"it turns out there was a little bug in there that we quashed right away." - theres a bug the size of a coqroach in there. maybe you and the fellow Niantics could take the fly squatter and some elbowgrease, get in there, and make us all feel better? Thank you have a great weekend