Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Wayfarer might be broken

HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reviews in my area are going through the system much slower than they would normally. On top of this, despite the fact I know plenty of people who are reviewing, our agreements have slowed down as well. It seems that right now, upgraded nominations are the only ones actually making any real progress through the system.

This doesn't feel like a natural fluctuation in the number of reviewers/submissions. Last time I experienced this issue, I believe that Wayfarer was in the process of getting an update. If something like that is due again soon (the new Wayspots that are exclusive to Pokémon Go certainly seems to fit in with the idea that something may be going on behind the scenes), then my conclusion would likely be that this is the reason for the slowdown again, and I would suggest in future that you might give us warnings if this is likely to happen again. If there's not an update due though, it might be worth checking to see if something is wrong with the system right now.

8 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

To add to this report, multiple people on reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/NianticWayfarer/comments/n65z5q/vote_reset_for_wayspot_modification/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share is the most recent thread, and https://www.reddit.com/r/NianticWayfarer/comments/n46427/reviewing_the_same_edits_over_and_overwhy/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share is another) seem to be getting the same edits to review over and over again, like the system is stuck in some sort of loop. This would explain the slowdown I'm experiencing, as very few things will get through if the list of things to currently review is just being recycled endlessly without any resolutions being reached.

• Cheddar877-PGOCheddar877-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Nothing in my entire 200km region has made it through the review process for 6 months. There are at least 4 trainers with nominations and none of them have been approved. At least 2 have upgrades that I am aware of. This is absolutely an issue.

• kitanchik-INGkitanchik-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭

you need a lot more approvers. people could help you with their bonus location, but the bonus location is setting for 1 year, so this is too long period for particular place, where are just several wayspots but nobody votes.

if Niantic allowed it to be changed once a month, or would suggest to an amount of hard approvers the locations where the queue is not long, but stuck cause no minimum approvers there - it would be a big help for small places with less approvers. we do not talk here about such global project as India. as for me - i could take "others stuck in vote for a long long time" when my main queue ends. the problem is only the language, if google do not recognize it. mb this is the problem. i'd solve it that way - if google recognize the language, or by locale - bring me additional cases of the language, i configured in my interface. not all presents? - add them, leave text from English, the enthusiasts will translate :)

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

how should something go thru? mostly everyone has stopped reviewing. the stuff that is in voting is stuff from low-density areas. if you only skim off the cream, there will be noone to eat the rest.

Our submissions have been into deepsleep because noone is voting on them. Wayfarer is broken and everyone that used it every day knows this.

• RU001-INGRU001-ING Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Not enough reviewers, & those who do, do about 5-10 to avoid the constant cooldowns. Not very encouraging to review