Excessive Nominations of Photos Taken of Computer Screen

HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear Niantic,

A Wayfinder from the Hinchinbrook/Hoxton Park area in Sydney, NSW has been submitting an uncomfortable amount of nominations taken from their computer screen. Below are a sample of some of the nominations and their photos in which I have taken a screenie of and their nomination titles.

Good samartian catholic church

Bert burrows playground

Bilal mosque

This should not go on, and would appreciate your action to remove them as well as the wayfinder altogether since marking it as abuse: fake nomination is just keeping it in the system anyway.

Tagged:

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Niantic only removes pictures when there is another picture available. Had many situations like this this earlier here.

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

in wayfarer all 3 sould be rejected for using a 3rd party photo

@NianticAaron - can you check if all these submissions are from the same player, and if so send him/her a warning ?

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't photo removals. They are nominations that I have reviewed within Wayfarer. What's uploaded above is the primary photo they have used to fake the nomination. The player should be sent a warning not to use photos of computer screens.

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin
    edited May 2021

Thanks for flagging, @HaramDingo-ING! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the Wayspot and 1 Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear Niantic,

This same submitter from the Hinchinbrook area is repeating their use of 3rd party photos, i.e. taking photos from their computer screen. There is no doubt that this is the same person as before.

As you can see from the first two photos during review, the same supporting photo is used of a strange sunset. Meanwhile, this closeup shows a truly blurry photo and you can see a bit of the computer's reflection.

Taking action on the Wayfinder is good, but clearly this person is not learning from their lessons. I would appreciate your appreciation as always, @NianticGiffard. It was nice to see these wayspots away from the Wayfarer queues, but they will need a bigger punishment this time around.