Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No email confirmation for new nominations, accepted, rejected, or edits

Zadro00-PGOZadro00-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Report a Bug

I seem to no longer be getting emails whenever I make a new nomination, a nomination is accepted or rejected, or when I submit an edit. This all started around May 7. Before then I was getting emails just fine.

I made 7 nominations on May 10 and did not receive any confirmation emails for any of them despite them showing up in Wayfarer. I have also had a few that have been accepted or rejected and have not received an email for those either like I used to.

I have not changed my email address or linked/delinked a Facebook or Google account. I have checked my spam folder, trash folder, promotions folder, and any other folder in Gmail to make sure they were not accidentally deleted or hidden.

Device/OS is not applicable in this case as I am not getting the emails at all. I replied to a similar thread from April but apparently no one from Niantic is even looking at replies to that thread.

Post edited by Zadro00-PGO on
Tagged:
26 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• shimpooky-PGOshimpooky-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

This doesn't personally affect me, but a lot of submitters from my German community. If you get your submission emails in German (or any other language that's not English, as some international submitters have confirmed to me), the email you get after one of your submission has been rejected does not contain the reasons why it was rejected by reviewers.

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

I can confirm this happens only in Pokémon Go and is not limited to German. I have seen confirmations for French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese/Mandarin etc as well.

Submitters never understand why their nominations were rejected and rely on Facebook groups etc to get an idea.

• Imergera-PGOImergera-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

Can confirm in french we don't receive reasons. It is not the wayfarer language but well the PoGo game language. I had to change my phone to english to receive reasons. A bit awkward. A lot of people might add to the queue again and again because they don't know the reason for reject.

Maybe @NianticCasey-ING you have some info about it ? Is it a known issue/intended ?

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also another possible glitch with the forum, this post doesn't have any upvote marker like the other threads in this section do. At least for me.

• Wavingthunder-PGOWavingthunder-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Can confirm what @Imergera-PGO said: In French we don't receive rejection reasons and changing the wayfarer language doesn't change the language of the mail (and thus, no rejection reasons)

For me neither @GearGlider-PGO, can't see any upvote marker for this particular thread

• ValbertoZ1BR-PGOValbertoZ1BR-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Em português (Brasil), também não sabemos o motivo. E realmente muitas indicações não aprovadas aparecem novamente.

• MaxEtMoritz-PGOMaxEtMoritz-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭

For some Reason i don't get any E-Mail Notification for this Forum. I Checked my Notification Preferences but e.g. i ticked E-Mail Notification when someone Comments on my Discussions or E-Mail Notifications for Discussions i participated in before i ever commented on anything here. Some People have commented on my active Discussion in the meantime, but i have not received a Notification Mail yet. I am logged in with my Pokémon Go Google Account on Android Smartphone with the Stock version of Chrome Browser (don't have Space to update Chrome and Samsung Internet doesn't let me log in). However, my Wayfarer Mails are delivered to another Google Mail Address than the one associated with the Google Account i use for Login (to my Main GMail address connected to Pokemon Trainer Club). I Checked both Inboxes but no E-Mail from the Wayfarer Forum appeared yet.

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

On Reddit you can often read people raging about wrong reject reasons, because apparently reviewers chose a random reject reason instead of "Doesn't meet criteria" where you need to enter a reason manually.

Perhaps it's better to receive no reason at all and make you think about what was wrong instead of getting misleading reasons.

@PhilClane-ING I've rage at it multiple times :)

But sometimes it can be really interesting, especially for people not familiar with all photospheres,... stuff. If the rejection is about not mtching real life location, iot can be because it is not visible on streetview :)

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

@Imergera-PGO Yeah sure, you're right. I also switched my phone language to English for some submissions. Most of the time the reasons will be the correct ones or at least understandable why the reviewer chose them.

I Just tried to find a reason why this is not a bug but intentional ;)

• MaxEtMoritz-PGOMaxEtMoritz-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭

For testing Purposes, i enabled E-Mail Notifications for every activity and every Category now. Still no Mail incoming.

• Lotusfeuer-INGLotusfeuer-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

I'm not getting emails anymore, if a wayspot is valid or rejected. They're not in spam. I still get emails for submitting new spots.

• igottwowatches-INGigottwowatches-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Are these candidates showing as rejected or accepted in the nominations tab?

• Lotusfeuer-INGLotusfeuer-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

Yes, they are. I always have to check my nominations, if something changed to rejected or accepted..

• SakoRUnited-PGOSakoRUnited-PGO Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

Ingress works fine for me, Pogo not giving email notifications

Looks like this isn't getting any attention, even though the impacted player base is quite large?

Yeah I should get attention... Please @NianticCasey-ING can you report this somewhere ? :)

• ddm027-INGddm027-ING Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, the official language is English, is the default when using the game, anything would start at English.

Every other language, they use (I'm almost certain of) google translate, just like when you use some auto-plugin to translate everything in some foreign website.

I don't know why it doesn't translate the reject reasons, maybe because it can't find a proper match to the words/sentence? But it's here ever since. If you want to know how people rejected your nominations, just use English as default, then translate the e-mail you received if you don't know english. (you can use plugins to automatically translate the e-mail for you)

At least doing that helps before they say something, I've personally never seen a reply about this and I highly think they will ever say anything about this too. I'm sorry but that's how it works.

@ddm027-ING easy to say but harder to do...

To do that you have to change your telephone language. It is not something possible for everyone...

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on! Get serious man.

Do you expect that the whole player base learns English in order to send nominations???

In Wayfarer the rejections are already translated, so if Niantic wanted to they can certainly send those rejection reasons in the same language used by the submitter.

Even send them in English at least without the need to change the whole OS to English.

Ingress sends the rejection reasons in all languages - not just English.

This is really a specific Pokémon Go, non-English issue. Keep in mind that the game is for all ages and not everyone can speak English.

If the game can be set in a different language, all features should be the same as English, that's just basic design and development.

Not angry at Niantic or blaming anyone here, just stating a bug that is impacting a lot of players.

• ddm027-INGddm027-ING Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

Wait, sorry, I meant to change language on WayFarer, you don't need to change your phone's language in order to change there, I thought the e-mail would change from that too. But I do agree with you, if we had the possibility to change the game's language without changing the phone's language (just like in Wizard United), could help and wouldn't hurt anyone...

All my friends in Brazil tend to use plugins to read from English, that's why I said that. But yea, it is translated in the wayfarer itself when reviewing, they could just use that in e-mail itself, it is probably some mistake in the e-mails 🤨

I always used ingress in English and every other player I knew did the same, I didn't know about ingress rejection being fully translated, so basically this is only a problem in PoGO's rejections, lol.

There are so many wrong translations in the game, at least if you play in Portuguese (as the main Language in Brazil), so I suspect this could be the problem in the e-mail too? I don't know.

ps: Sorry if I was rude in my another comment I was just trying to say that English is the official language and all. But your guys comments to make much more sense than mine. 🤐

No worries, just sounded like "you should learn to speak English" ^^

My game is in English, but I know plenty of people who do not have it that way and you see Facebook groups and more communities flooded by messages of people not understanding why something was rejected, just because the mail didn't give them any hints.

I thought it was for all games, until people started sharing their Ingress mails and we could confirm it was limited to Pokémon Go.

• TuulaCat-PGOTuulaCat-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

I can also confirm that if your phones language isn't English you won't get the reason for rejection in your email. I think this should be added to other languages. In English you see the category why (like generic business, private property) and I can't see why this kind of info can't be added in other languages.

This would help immensely to identify where improvents in my submissions are needed or if re-submitting wouldn't even be useful. Plus we could identify if bad reviewers just rejected with wrong reasons (like generic business used on a trailmarker)

Also there's no way to up vote anything in this discussion! As read above others have the same issue.

• HarpoonistJ-INGHarpoonistJ-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

This issue is not limited to Pogo as some mention here!

I send all my nominations through Ingress and I don't have rejection reasons in mails!

Sure it does:

• "Part of the "Do not submit list"
    • "Does not meet criteria"
    • "Nomination could not be found at the location"

Those seem like rejection reasons?

• Draxado25-PGODraxado25-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

@PoMaQue-PGO those are the most common reject reasons, but not the specific reject reasons for this submissions! the paragraph before those reasons are listed says:

"At this time we're not able to provide specific reject reasons for each submission we review; however the following are common reasons for rejection:..."

Do'h! Read too fast, sorry🤦‍♂️

• Zadro00-PGOZadro00-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I have started having the same problem where I am no longer receiving emails ever since my account went to red rating for whatever reason (I've reviewed less than 40 nominations). My previous nominations I got emails when I made a submission or when they were accepted/rejected. But I've had one nomination accepted and the 7 nominations I made today had no email confirmation. This seemed to start around May 6 around the same time my rating went to red and I passed the Wayfarer test for reviewing.

• Triomphe346-INGTriomphe346-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

Have you ever edited the nomination in Wayfarer?