Gym in a dangerous place

35.872886825306914, 139.42089671409855

A stone monument with no sidewalks, no outdoor lights, and heavy traffic in the evening has been promoted to a gym.

I emailed Pokémon GO that it was a dangerous place, but it was rejected because it was from the player.

Would you please go back to the pocket stop and turn another place into a gym?

I'm thinking about consulting with the government office.

There is a shrine nearby and there is one gym,

I thought that if I could do another one here, it would develop as a place for local exchange.

I never thought that the pocket stop at the intersection would be a gym.

I want you to think about the location a little more and make it a gym.

Also, I thought it would be nice to be able to judge whether the place is suitable for the gym.

This is a post translated by google.

I would be happy if there is support in Japanese.

Tagged:

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to be located next to a crosswalk, so safe pedestrian access wouldn't be an issue. The question though is whether this would be classified as being on a farm.

• zuikaku1941-PGOzuikaku1941-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

It is managed by the city, not on the farm (rice field).

It is a place without sidewalks.

Also, because it is a loophole on the main line, there is unexpected traffic volume.

Not a place where people gather in the raid

Raid hours in Japan are pitch black except in summer.

I am also active in this area, but it is a dangerous place when it gets dark, so I try to finish the activity here in the sun.

I don't think there is a problem with Pocket Stop, but with Jim, I think there is a problem due to the characteristics of the game.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

@TheFarix-PGO Unfortunately block doesn't work when not signed in. You have a habit of jumping on a lot of appeals to comment when it isn't necessary. This particular borderline. I've seen some accepted and some rejected. Will you please let someone who works for Niantic make the call. Thank you.

I decided to consult with the government office.

Tomorrow I would like to edit the thread and finish it.

Thank you for your opinion.

@zuikaku1941-PGO If you could include a copy of the e-mail from Niantic denying your request through the app and the title of the gym you are trying to remove it would help them.

• WayfarerMSE-PGOWayfarerMSE-PGO Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/szDraNrC81jABOp_XvBUZY3wMXWAVByR4uRdG_68hPhroMOyxBMnJXp_XOaUiapfB0fEOaH9GYz-l_g2B_RvMs2QHQ=d-h

In the photo of the wayspot I see a footpath and right next to it a place to stand. I see no problem.

Moderator Edit: Removed the accusations.

Post edited by NianticAtlas on
  • TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where does it say anywhere in the forum rules that I cannot reply to other posts, especially appeals? Anyone is free to comment on appeals, especially if it is to point out a problem with the appeal or to point out a fact that the OP may have missed or didn't understand. Niantic never explains why appeals are accepted or rejected and it is left to those of us with experience to point these things out. Would you prefer that people remain ignorant rather than be informed?

Saitama Prefectural Police Traffic Accident Hazard Map.

https://www.police.pref.saitama.lg.jp/documents/7515/hazardmap2021-1-1.pdf

It's a rough police public relations, but there is a red color around here to indicate that there was a traffic accident.

Fortunately, there were no fatal accidents in 2020, but it seems to have happened in the past.

While working as a local resident, I am appealing after recognizing that this is a dangerous place.

This is not a matter of player etiquette or morals.

In the photo, it looks like a road with little traffic, but

In reality, it is a loophole leading to the main line, and the traffic volume increases during the raid hour.

It is recognized locally as a dangerous place where accidents are likely to occur.

If a gym was built in the precincts of the shrine in the future, it would be the best place for local exchange.

There is no choice but to complain that it is dangerous in this place.

Then, if it is judged that this is a safe place, just show it here in case of emergency.

PS.

On the roads around here, it happens several times a year that cars drive too fast and fall into the rice fields. I recognize that no one can beat a car that speeds up.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

All Niantic games warn you to stay aware of your surroundings and be careful (as well as courteous to others). If people ignore that and go into traffic to hit a raid, it's on them.

This particular monument seems perfectly safely approachable to me, there's a sidewalk leading to it, and some sort of sign next to it, indicating that people are actually meant to stand there. It shouldn'r be removed of the games just because some people might ignore real-life safety principles.

Now, if this is officially located on private farmland or the owner/manager (the municipality) asks for it to be removed, so be it. But otherwise I don't think this should be removed.

Therefore, I wrote that I would consult with the local government, and I am actually starting to consult.

Anyone can say that it is safe from the outside.

I want you to leave this as a pocket stop, not a gym,

It is said that there is a pocket stop that can be a safe candidate in the precincts of the shrine a little further away to gather people called Jim.

Also, I hear that you will be automatically promoted to the gym,

I wrote that I would like to promote Pokestop in a safe place to the gym.

I don't think that ensuring safety does not mean gathering people on the roadside that is included in the hazard map from the Saitama Prefectural Police.

It was obvious the the poster was struggling with translation but went through the effort to find this forum and post in his non native language. The form was missing vital information such as the rejection e-mail and the name of the gym. If you were trying to help, then you should have informed him of what he was missing so that the request could be looked at.

It is not unreasonable to have different opinions of a poi next to a busy road without a sidewalk. Niantic employees can see what you see and make the call. The poster researched the accident frequency with the local police. See red mark for accident above.

I have no preference to it's staying or removal but comments should be helpful. You also could have explained that they don't swap gyms and pokestops but the point of interest would simply be removed and not switched back to a pokestop. It's either safe or not.

Memorial tower

Coordinates: 35.87281, 139.420508

What I wrote about this WaySpot here is not whether it is suitable as a WaySpot, but

It would be nice if it was a pocket stop, but it is a dangerous place if it is a gym.

Because the system automatically turns the pocket stop into a gym

I've become a gym, what can I do?

When I attached the hazard map of Saitama Prefectural Police, I got back to Pokestop from the gym.

Thank you very much.

Today I was able to confirm that Jim has returned to Pocket Stop.

It is said that all battle functions with elements that the player stays in have been deleted, so

I think that the team rocket battle is no longer possible, but I have not confirmed so far.

It is unavoidable that the system automatically turns the pocket stop into a gym,

I would like you to change from a safe place such as a park or a public hall to a gym.

Japan has Japanese traffic conditions, and even if it looks like a safe place with little idyllic traffic during the day,

In the case of a loophole to the main line, just during the raid hour, the traffic volume will increase with a car rushing home.

There is a dangerous place for players to stay.

This place is a dangerous place to stay there in the evening before Pokémon GO started.

At first, it seems that the operation was considered to be a "problem of manners and morals".

There are some places where you cannot survive due to "manner and morals". Humans cannot beat cars.

Inari Daimyojin shrine

Coordinates: 35.872975, 139.422792

This case is a place used only by local residents and is not a loophole, so

I don't think it's a problem if you don't have a sidewalk or become a gym.

It seems that I will enter a little private land to avoid cars,

I think that is a matter of manners and morals.

There are few gyms and pocket stops, and some people quit Pokémon GO because of the small number.

Also, because there are few gyms, there are many kicking acts with multiple accounts,

I have been hit by kicks many times.

Since it is such a district, even if I want to increase WaySpot, I do not want to decrease it.

There is nothing that can be exchanged for life.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rather than you consult with the local government, would it be better if they request its removal directly to Niantic?

Or maybe you need help from another Japanese in this forum who frequently report any Wayspots he don't like.

• Invalid Appeal - It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.