Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Nomination frozen, cant delete

RockepeIIe-PGORockepeIIe-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Several months ago i created a pokestop in the neighbourhood i live.

the problem now is that others ive created is in que and i cant withdraw the first one, just making me unable to create anything. Its annoying since there is possibilities for more pokestops in my proximity but no. Wayfarer is refusing me to be able to do anything.

Apparently its been 6 months, not rejected not accepted

how do i fix this?

Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Did you by any chance set this nomination to be "upgrade next"? Because if that's the case, you can't withdraw it until you actually earn an upgrade (at which point, why bother withdrawing when you can just wait a couple hours and have it resolved).

I'm also curious about why you say this nomination makes you unable to create anything - afaik we don't have any evidence that the system works like that, and for anyone who comes back with "but density rules" i would let you know I've double-submitted something and had both instances in voting, so yes there are density rules but it's NOT one thing per size X cell.

• That's a bummer, @RockepeIIe-PGO! Concurring with @ArabellaArdelia-PGO, a nomination that is 'in queue' can be withdrawn given the fact it wasn't set to 'Upgrade next'.

Just to let to know, Upgraded Wayspot nominations will go through the same review process as regular nominations, the only difference is that Upgraded nominations are processed in a more timely manner.

Having said that, we wouldn't be able to give you a definite time frame as to when it might enter voting. A few factors like the backlog of submissions and the number of active reviewers can come into play here. Your patience is appreciated.

• gabrimen-PGOgabrimen-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello, i'm in the same situation from July 2020 with a pokestop in Upgrade next, i have reviewed severla pokestops but in the profile my advance never increases (its in 76% and i understand this increases after evaluating but never does), i tried everything and it just never gets approved or rejected so all other nominations are in queue, how can i delete it so the others can activate for revision?

• Khushnii-PGOKhushnii-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

I am also facing same issues @NianticGray please withdraw my nomination named roof top gazebo 2 that is already present in the game i unknowingly submitted it at that time and now it's stucked for about an year i tried upgrade next as i can't use upgrades on it due to failing the test twice due to my health problems, please withdraw that for me, i would appreciate it thank you

Post edited by Khushnii-PGO on
  • Thanks for the tag guys! Once a Wayfinder sends a nomination, it cannot be withdrawn from our end too. Your patience is much appreciated until you see you see a movement of your nomination's status.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sorry @NianticGray , but you don’t seem to be addressing anybody’s concerns.

The other reviewers in this thread are reporting what they perceive to be a bug or glitch, wherein once an Upgrade or Upgrade Next flag is applied to their nomination the nomination sits in limbo for an extremely long time. It might be stuck forever, as far as we know.

I can’t imagine why a system would be designed such that it’s administrators cannot intervene to remove corrupt or unwanted submissions. Do you really claim this to be true?

Even if you cannot touch the records at all once they are ‘In Voting’, some reviewers are having trouble with nominations that are still ‘In Queue’. In some cases they are stuck with ‘Upgrade Next’ flagged.

In @Khushnii-PGO ’s case, they are unable to earn upgrades, but are at the correct player level to submit nominations. They accidentally set one to Upgrade Next, and now know their object/location is already live in wayfarer. Why can’t the nomination be rescinded or cancelled?

Are you sure none of your colleagues is capable of killing stuck nominations?

If that’s true, one can only wonder how many million bad or corrupted entries are circulating in Wayfarer after several years. Perhaps this explains how the process never resolves any records in Washington, D.C., or northern Germany. Wayfarer continues a drunkard’s walk through bad records in the southwest quadrant, and will not look in the northeast until after the universe cools down….

@NianticCasey-ING please help these guys!

• NianticGrayNianticGray Posts: 677 mod
    edited June 2021

I understand the message you're conveying here. We are currently reviewing the old backlog for locations with a low number of reviewers. Eventually, we'll get to everyone's pending case.

"Are you sure none of your colleagues is capable of killing stuck nominations?" - Unfortunately, we do not have an option to withdraw/ removing stuck nominations. Having said that, I have noted down your feedback.

• AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

Unfortunately, we do not have an option to withdraw/ removing stuck nominations. Having said that, I have noted down your feedback.

You guys literally do have that ability, the abuse team takes nominations out of circulation regularly. @NianticGray

Unless you are acknowledging that nominations do get stuck, and that when they do, you have no way to remove them. Which if that is the case, that is a major bug that needs active and immediate attention, not just "noting feedback".

• Prideofvalor1-PGOPrideofvalor1-PGO Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

I understand your frustrations but atleast have some faith and decent attitude for niantic. The bug is regarding the ability to withdraw an upgrade next nomination which I agree needs to be resolved but niantic doesn't have the ability to control someone's account related to some personal things apart from very few things only I believe as for example :- a car owner has full access of the car but the car doesn't have access of the owner himself apart from giving additional services to them. Regarding abuse team that team stops the flagged thing through voting only I believe rather than having complete control of anyone's personal account. Them noting things as feedback is a very good appreciated thing as a note in writing is always worthy. And I request @NianticGray to mark this thread under investigation for the bug of inability to withdraw a nomination having an upgrade next, as reported by the people in this thread, so that it would get resolved in future.