Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Location edits too far apart

Jzitam-PGOJzitam-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭

I did a few location edits and I am not sure if the team is aware. However, see the screenshots in regards to an edit for a location that is way off. Several of my friends noted this as well and we’re trying not to select the wrong location but the option provided is...well, you’ll see.

This then repeated for another edit and that’s when I figured there must be a bug.

And if that wasn’t enough another was provided.

The edited location is not showing correctly and we’re not sure if this is a chain effect to those locations that have been edited successfully and are resurfacing due to the bug. Please look into this as I would hate for these to be genuine edits and they weren’t even considered properly.

11 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got similar location edit to review, so it's still an issue for sure. I only got one edit like that so far, but it looks like there might be some more in the future too.

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
  • SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it too.

@NianticCasey-ING is the team aware of this bug? I think it might be worth adding to the list you've posted.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

My problem is not that the location edits are random like the examples above. My problem is that they are far away from my normal review area and from countries I dont understand the language of. Normally, i never had an edit from a different country.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I reported the same issue as a separate bug because i wasn't seeing this thread. A move from North America to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean that I saw multiple times yesterday showed up again in my feed today (5/21/21)

• IMRAN592-PGOIMRAN592-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I think I should not receive any edit thats are out of my coverage. The most weird thing is that I am reviewing from BD but this one is (edit) from India to Myanmar. Long time ago we received such kind of edit from one to another country when there was no edit rules restrictions. But now I am getting those reviews after a year almost, receiving such kind of edit which I shouldn’t. Seems like similar to the bug of duplicated wayspot by the system.