Pointless to do this.

Okay i have been trying to add a playground in my area for a pokestop, its been now in queue for like a year or so. Whats the point to nominate or ask for pokestop when it dont work...? Wayfarer need to fix this issue or its pointless to send a request for a pokestop. My friend did send in a pokestop nomination like 2 weeks ago and that was accepted in another area. But my nomination is been queue a year. Pretty frustrating.....

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Have you upgraded your nomination? No? Try it. It will take maximally a day and you got your result.,

• XxJallballxX-PGOXxJallballxX-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Been trying everything i can do, but still in queue.

• Bleiddn-INGBleiddn-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

What is the wayspot density for the area you nomination is in?

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

well the solution would be to do reviews, and earn an upgrade.

sadly, the whole system is broken, and you will have to review alot and MAYBE your upgrade will help your submission to get accepted. But if you are unlucky, well, you will find that out soon by yourself.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

If there was simply a box that people had to check off before submitting. An example would be “what is it you are nominating” and the person selects “playground” then immediately after follows with a question “is this on school property yes or no”

another one would be “is this nomination on/at a single private residential home” select yes or no

this would then make the submitter acknowledge what and where they are submitting and if it comes back that they indeed are submitting a k-12 playground and selected “no” as there answer. Give an automatic suspension. This idea can be done very easily for lots of nominations and can effectively thin the herd. And niantic can effectively filter out people making abusive nominations.

They can even add a warning when selecting the k-12 or prp questions stating nominations on school grounds or prp are ineligible and by selecting no you are agreeing that this is not and can be held for disciplinary action if purposefully selecting the wrong answer.

and if they select yes then the filter system can just throw the nomination in the trash and take some kind of action to the submitter

@NianticGiffard maybe something that can be added in the future?

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been arguing for something like this for a long time. Start by asking submitters to choose the "What is it?" category, then give them the specific guidance for that type of thing so that they can avoid submitting things that should be automatic rejections. Also ask them "Is this on K-12 school property?" and other questions for automatic disqualifiers.

I also think Niantic should automatically bounce back anything that's with 20 meters of an existing wayspot so that human reviewers don't have to waste time (or even better, stop it from being submitted), and that "noise" edits of existing wayspots should be rejected. When queues are backed up there's no reason to waste reviewer capacity changing capitalization or removing the period from the end of a title.

• XxJallballxX-PGOXxJallballxX-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Here is some screenshots. Like i was saying i have been trying nominate this playground since 2019. I was rejected 3 times waited a few months and withdraw it, then i nominated it again with a upgrade, didnt dont work either... was trying to withdraw nomination got an error so i cant withdraw it. I did nominate it again and still in queue as it alwasy have been.

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to guess these screenshots are of your current nomination queue.

The playground isn’t actually upgraded, it’s just selected to be the nomination that gets upgraded when you next earn one. You earn an upgrade every 100 agreements you receive, you are half way there judging the purple bar around the circle in the top right corner.

You cannot withdraw a nomination while it is selected as “upgrade next”, you could withdraw it once the upgrade is applied but I seriously suggest you don’t do that as you will not be refunded the upgrade. There is also a great chance this will actually come to an agreement soon after being upgraded.

The new submission is still in queue because the “upgrade next” submission is still in voting. There can only be one non-upgraded nomination for a certain area in voting at one time.

My suggestion is to keep reviewing, earn the upgrade, and hopefully the playground will be approved shortly after.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

The nomination process shouldn't have to ask if it's a school or private residence. That information is available to Niantic without asking. Trying to nominate there could just bring up a screen saying "Sorry! You're in a no-nominate zone!"

• itamernz-INGitamernz-ING Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    • use upgrades
    • do lots of reviews to reduce the queue size, every review you do is one less blocking your nomination
    • encourage other players to review - chat, competitions, etc
    • don't get so emotionally invested in your nominations
    • these games are free (ish)
  • 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

I doubt adding more reviewers will automatically make everything better unless those reviewers actually take care to read the criteria and review properly instead of just 1* everything in the hopes of faster upgrades because that again leads to a lot of nominations needing to be submitted (and reviewed) multiple times.

So, no, please do not make competitions out of reviewing. It's bad enough as it is with the upgrade system.

• Rickazarus-PGORickazarus-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

What I'm not understanding is the fact that as Wayfarer has started the time between a nomination and the implementation in the game was max. 2 weeks independent of the density of the wayspots in the area and now I've nominations in the voting process since 6 months and more!

Upgrades aren't a solution for me as I've stopped to review after my rating has falled totally down even when I tried to do it to the best of my knowledge and belief.