Inert Nominations : nominations not moving to voting queue.

This is comprehensive list of my nominations for which a decision is pending for abnormally long duration. Below are the date of nomination, title and description, image link and id respectively, with reference to the nominations which seems to be lost so far. Eventhough there is no other nominations pending/in voting, these nominations are not moving to the voting queue and it has been almost FOUR MONTHS by now! Delay during voting review status is ok but how is it getting delayed to move from queue to 'In Voting' status when nothing else in currently under review?

22-12-2020

Theradi Sivasudalaimadaswamy Temple

Arulmigu Theradi Sivasudalai Madaswamy Temple in Agasteeswaram

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DoH8DXdLZDzqkBJMVX9Tf4BzD2YsUsWCE3r_rO5Mb3ArqC4-Ll7YEqWsPrqeBWdCHZcRd7xSHNJ68vu0f5kxK21Ka5C5ZxXd1zAISW8J

Nomination ID: 08i2xlxCQ1iofjR0GSwmmeEQ3tkN4I6OtHkL6hHiqBI=

22-12-2020

Arulmigu Sivasakthi Temple

Arulmigu Sivasakthi Sudalai madanswamy temple in Agasteeswaram village

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p9YF7BOybbz5IlWdCRmli4ikxUW5JYeOC0BZeSDwa1kf2nvLevcW5ztFWUR8FjzF0JvpX0t0WXhVcWVc3okE2rABFqzWskZ2PDsXb-t3jQ

Nomination ID: cTUfRj+MplBtru/F05JB1b20YnjRx9z6DOI3kOxb6VQ=

Jan 17, 2021

Sri Bhadhrakali Amman Shrine

Arulmigu Sri Bhadrakali amman shrine

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9SJrhW0L3zuRDJtj4gwN_fX-iK_A4EzmV407ZQS8BmZoDi-55NruyeJ5cLLFPhaCOeU3jWSIOPNwAcH2VbcD_yoj1VJNb7qZZXjxDXPhJg

Nomination ID: ubNCEpBVAu1koYvyGfvbhKh3T/gaHP2mIJRVJL0UZyI=

Jan 17, 2021

Shri Ujjaini Makaliamman Temple

Arulmigu Sri Ujjaini Mahakaliamman Temple located in Agasteeswaram Village

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6wSsVAjkj1V-NGFEZcC7503U822KNw5S0hYhSS9Y3sqLZ2wD6eRLszczIrYi4L7U4MO8dA-USqKq3BedANS6kkeRE07J-3uyd2xWJmvoug

ID: x8H494Ig910kCJPnkgIR3hGU4vzi4IbKgBOh6uVv/3M=

Jan 17, 2021

Pillayar Mural

Lord Vinayaga Wall Mural at Temple

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u9JT_c0HycQ-B4TyWMeaX6v35G95Ph5uET2CiXB5B_PMK1TKMweLvx-pdatbgLe3LQx_mdbVi7efdzLoV6g8tnLOtVG2XrChEB6nLM

Nomination ID: Lz3OK31IXH9LhjLDe+4c/+5AXSACzTT4sjYkBqH93yQ=

P.S In app support couldn't sort this issue out after multiple escalations.

Is wayfarer system broken ?

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    edited April 2021

Post edited by LukeAllStars-ING on
  • ArSon1112-PGOArSon1112-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

You didn't get my point, my nominations are 'in queue' status and not in voting , also unable to apply upgrade either. Also there are other who are experiencing issues applying upgrades to their nominations. This may be due to a bug or error as a result of transition from wayfarer 3.3 to 3.4.

• Leonilsky-PGOLeonilsky-PGO Posts: 1

I also have nominations in PH, don't know why it's still in queue. I nominated my first last December, and still not getting any information about it.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

People in my local area have also noticed a big slow down with the whole system compared to what we're used to. We're still reviewing (and we've noticed we seem to be getting a lot of overlap on the submissions we're reviewing), but agreements are very slow to come through and nominations that aren't upgraded seem to be pretty much stuck.

I know that the numbers of reviewers and submissions fluctuate, but this slow down feels more unnatural than that. I do wonder if there's stuff going on behind the scenes that is causing this to happen, or even if something is just broken.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've currently got 21 nominations (yeah, had a big day out with both my PoGo and Ingress accounts) stuck in queue for 10 days straight. I've been wondering about that.

• Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

I have also seen a slow down in nominations processing, with an emphasis on those in the western half of my large city, versus the eastern part. Which doesn't really make much sense. There really isn't any difference in density, or any other factor that I can tell. If I don't use an upgrade in the west, they sit forever. Not one has budged out of being in queue for months unless I use an upgrade. Yet nominations on the east regularly go into voting after about 2 weeks and then get decisioned about 2 weeks later.

I have nominated a lot of new points of interest, so it has been a lot of work in submitting these, so it's frustrating beyond belief to then have to review hundred of additional nominations in order to get upgrades to get my own nominations out of the queue. And what is more frustrating that when you contact Niantic Support, they either don't seem to understand the issue or don't care.

Add to this that some of my nominations then get rejected for bizarre reasons (like there is a body part in the picture -- which there isn't), its at a school (there's no school remotely close), it's in a sensitive area (huh -- there is nothing sensitive nearby), it can't be seen in streetview (the poi has been there for years), a building is thought to be a natural feature (??), having perfectably acceptable footbridges rejected as not being historically significant, etc. So either people are just being jerks during the review process or there is something wrong the the reviews that rejections are getting assigned the wrong rejection reasons per some type of bug.

I also try to encourage people in chats to submit and review nominations, but it seems that everyone has a bad experience, so I'm just wasting my time these days trying to engage others because so many things are broken and many people have given up in frustration.

Niantic has to increase the incentive in submitting and reviewing nominations. And they also need to identify all nominations that are of a certain age (I know a lot of people that have nominations 6 to 12 months old (and even older) and force them into active reviewing to clear the backog of old nominations. They also have to increase the level criteria for submitting new nominations as there are too many junior players submitting absolute garbage that further clogs up the system.

• ArSon1112-PGOArSon1112-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

Ha just 10 days ? After a struggle of more than 6 months I'm happy all my backlog nominations have got a result...

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, currently it's been over a month and only 1 of those nominations got into voting. I've also made an additional 19 nominations in the same area 2 weeks after that, and none of those have gotten into voting yet either. I feel like it's going to be a long wait with those...

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador
  • Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

There is a limit to the number of nominations that can move to”in voting “ status based on level 14 cells I think. So if there is already one in voting the others have to wait until it gets resolved before another can move to in voting status.

it is probably there to stop a lot of nominations in one cell dominating the voting stream, and allow a wider geographic spread of those in voting.

However in a slow area it acts as a blockage point.