Submitting a flower shop.

I submitted this local flower shop about a week ago, accidentally upgraded it. It is not a chain store. I thought it would meet criteria because it's a family friendly small business, it's also a unique barn style building. Any tips for resubmitting it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Business’s generally need to have a unique factor that differentiates itself from others. Does it have awards, do they do things for the community, do they donate anything, do they have a class teaching people about gardening? Etc. Saying a flower shops sells flowers and nicnacs wont be enough imo to get this to pass. Also having points of how it meets current criteria may help. Exploration, exercise socializing.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

"Family friendly small business" is not criteria, if it was my small city would have like 1,000 candidates.

• ElPortalDeNorbe-PGOElPortalDeNorbe-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Companies, in my opinion, need something that makes them unique or specific. If not, every businessman would place a poke stop in his business and free publicity for him.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you resubmit, focus on how this meets the three eligibility criteria

• A great place for exploration
    • A great place for exercise
    • A great place to be social with others

Remember Wayspots are supposed to be great places to visit, not great places to play Pokemon Go. Don't mention the parking and what it is near. Focus any supporting information on how this is a unique, not to be missed destination for the community. If there are links you can provide in the supporting information about awards it has won, or outreach to the community, those would help. If not, focus on the unique barn styling and how it is a landmark.

Businesses rarely make it through voting. Coffee shops and bars seem to have the best chance, and that's because of meeting the social criteria so well.

• Firestar924-PGOFirestar924-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks everyone for the tips. When I resubmit it I will try to focus more on the unique building style and any involvement in the community.