Title and Description changes - edit assumed lost

Title of the Wayspot: Oriental Building in Croydon centre

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=51.376773,-0.102033&z=15&pll=51.376773,-0.102033

City: London

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

No rejection email, but edit was submitted 23 months ago.

Photo for evidence:

I have used Google maps to support my proposed title change.

Additional information: I proposed edits to this waypoint 23 months ago and I assume that they have been lost. The current title is inaccurate and uses a word that is at best outdated. The building has Moorish style architecture, not East Asian.

There is currently no description.

Please can the title be changed to:

Site of Prince's Picture House

And please can the description be changed to:

The Prince's Picture House opened in 1921 with capacity for 1116 people. The picture house closed in 1929, later becoming an amusement hall, and then a ballroom.  Only the former entrance to the picture house, with its Moorish style architecture, still survives.

Website to verify information:

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/28975

Tagged:

Comments

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin

Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. Based on the evidence provided and our research, we have decided that it does not meet our criteria for edit at this time.

• Flooom-INGFlooom-ING Posts: 10 ✭✭

I don't understand this decision. Please can you clarify why you have declined these edits?

These edits should have been accepted for four reasons:

1. The current title (Oriental Building in Croydon centre) is inaccurate. The architectural style is Moorish, not East Asian.

2. The word "Oriental" in the title is at best outdated, and at worst offensive. I dislike sending in-game gifts from this Waypoint due to the risk of upsetting someone.

3. The title tells you nothing about why this building is interesting. The new title gives you a glimpse into its history.

4. There is currently no description. I've found a good source of information and produced a description based on that.

@NianticGiffard please can you take another look at this proposed edit.

If that is not possible can you please let me know why my edit was not accepted so that I can avoid doing similar things in future edits.

• Basslord808-INGBasslord808-ING Posts: 3,184 mod
    edited June 2021

Thanks for the follow-up, @Flooom-ING! We gave this a second look and we’ve made necessary changes to the title and description of the Portal. Also, for future appeals, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.

Post edited by NianticGiffard on

Thank you for taking another look at this! Please can a way to "upgrade" edits be introduced in the future. Having to wait two years for a decision to be made discourages people from trying to improve their local waypoint network.