Bookstore rejected by being below a private residence.

Bookstore rejected by being below a private residence. How is it possible? All the stores that appear on the game map are below a private or next residence.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see your full nomination. Whjy is a bookstore eligible? Does your e-mail say "Does not meet criteria?"

• IIIROCIII-PGOIIIROCIII-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

It was a bookstore specialized in a specific theme, only nature and mountain. In addition to being the only one within a radius of about 100 km, with more than a thousand books.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well a bookstore would have to pass as a business nomination. So what would the bookstore do to make it stand out from all other bookstores, how does it meet any of the three criteria, do they do anything for there community.

also a bookstore having over a thousand books is not a selling point lol.

lets see the nomination with description, supporting picture and info as well as the rejection email and we can make further comments on it

• IIIROCIII-PGOIIIROCIII-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

Email:

Thank you for your Natural Nomination of Day 28-May-2021. Your proposal has been rejected for the following reason: The location of the proposal in the real world seems to be in a farm or a private residence, the proposal does not meet the acceptance criteria, the title or description of the proposal is not successful .

This library organizes cultural meetings, for example counts stories to young children or brings writers to comment on their books with readers. If it is a point of sale of clear books that yes, and if you want you can take a coffee too.

They tell me that the title and the description are also bad, why? The title is the name of the bookstore.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Much of the time it comes down to the photo. How does it present itself on its own, without the supporting information. A lot of reviewers read the book by its cover.

I tend to review with a forgiving eye and even for me this is a meh. 🤷‍♂️

Work on a more inviting photo that clearly shows the Bookstore/Coffee Shop name or sign.

I like the inclusion of a bookstore. In the states, bookstores are dying out fast so the ones that remain are usually used bookstores and specialty shops so I love to review them and submit them. Very culturally relevant.

• RedsoxMark-PGORedsoxMark-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

As you will see repeated often on this forum, you can't trust the rejection reasons. Often they don't make sense.

With any business, I think most reviewers are looking for "What is so special about this business"? It is tricky, you need to be convincing without appearing to be too pushy of a sales pitch.

This place looks interesting. If you add more on the cultural aspects (meetings etc) as well as it is the only bookshop in 100kms, it might have a chance.

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭

That is a very nice artistic photo. My fear is that some clowns will reject for "dark" but I absolutely love it.

• Testandoojogo-INGTestandoojogo-ING Posts: 18 ✭✭

It's a good photo, but it would probably be denied. Not even the best advice will help you if you are unfortunate enough to have your proposal in the hands of a bad reviewer.

Good luck.