Can someone help me as to why my nomination was rejected?

Jackimima-PGOJackimima-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I put through this route marker and got this rejection reason back -

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

Photo of the nomination appears to be of a live animal instead of a valid object, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.

Any idea why and is it worth trying again?

Thank you 😊

Best Answers

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador
    Answer βœ“

One step I'd take is to show the candidate in the supporting photo, so that location can be determined. That fence in the main photo makes it look like it's resting in someone's back yard. Was the signpost knocked over and then placed against this fence for support? Is it permanently fixed in that location?

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Pull the flowers back and take a picture of just the route marker. Clear and concise. For supporting picture, make it obvious it is next to a trail and not someone back yard. lol.

Also don't refer to the "blue signs" but use the routes actual name. Something like this would work better.

Title:

Rea Valley Heritage Trail Marker #5

Description:

Rea Valley Heritage Trail Marker number 5 marks the five mile point for the trail system. The trail system is 6 miles long and runs from the Cannon Hill Park to the Northfield Railway Station along the River Rea.

Answers

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we see the whole nomination for this? Including supporting info and the main picture used with description

• Jackimima-PGOJackimima-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Yes of course, below

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador
    Answer βœ“

One step I'd take is to show the candidate in the supporting photo, so that location can be determined. That fence in the main photo makes it look like it's resting in someone's back yard. Was the signpost knocked over and then placed against this fence for support? Is it permanently fixed in that location?

• Jackimima-PGOJackimima-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Ah, thank you, it's been knocked over so many times! It's resting against the fence, on the bridge over the river so I will take a photo of that for next time. Thank you 😊

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

National Cycle Route marker - not eligible.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Pull the flowers back and take a picture of just the route marker. Clear and concise. For supporting picture, make it obvious it is next to a trail and not someone back yard. lol.

Also don't refer to the "blue signs" but use the routes actual name. Something like this would work better.

Title:

Rea Valley Heritage Trail Marker #5

Description:

Rea Valley Heritage Trail Marker number 5 marks the five mile point for the trail system. The trail system is 6 miles long and runs from the Cannon Hill Park to the Northfield Railway Station along the River Rea.

• EvilDoctorSlice-INGEvilDoctorSlice-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭

Wait, what am I missing here?

As @sogNinjaman-ING says, this looks exactly like a marker for National Cycle Route 5 (which runs for 366 miles from Holyhead to Reading). It even says 'National Cycle Network' on it.

Where am I supposed to be seeing Rea Valley Route Marker 5? Let alone a Rea Valley Heritage Trail Heritage 5-mile marker?