Playgrounds in Russia

Since I don’t speak or read the native language I am struggling with playgrounds. They look fine but I have absolutely no way of knowing if it’s for a nearby school or daycare or just part of a local park or community center or apartment complex.

any thoughts/ tips

Comments

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google translate.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭

Most schools seems to have the same pin placed on it that schools in other countries have on Google Maps.

If you're not sure that it's a children school, try translating it's name, it would either have something like that written on pin or on the building:

детский сад - kindergarten

школа - school

If there isn't anything you can relate if it's school, and streetview won't help, then I'm not sure. But so far almost all playgrounds I saw were placed near multi-family houses (multi-story apartment blocks are really common in Russia, they looks mostly like big and long bricks - similar to some school buildings but definitely easy to see it's not a school).

• rodensteiner-INGrodensteiner-ING Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, in Новосибирск where i review, there are alot of those multi-story apartment blocks, and they mostly have 2-3 playgrounds attached to it.

as far as i can see, there is nothing to say against this, and as @Maxyme99-PGO said we sometimes cant really tell what is a school there, a nursery, a bathhouse or a disco - they all have the same bricks and mortar.

You cant really say where the Kindergarten begins and the Disco ends.

• merethlot-INGmerethlot-ING Posts: 9 ✭✭

Kindergartens usually have brightly painted walls. Also, kindergartens are always two-story

• DanilPod-PGODanilPod-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Kindergartens and schools are almost always separately standing two or three-story buildings. They also almost always have some fence or gate. We have a law that requires fencing schools and kindergartens. They also have an architecture that distinguishes them from ordinary residential buildings.

• merethlot-INGmerethlot-ING Posts: 9 ✭✭

You must check the photo. Kindergartens are always two-story buildings, often brightly colored. If the building described above is in the background, it is most likely a kindergarten. Playgrounds are closely located on the territory of the kindergarten.

If there are only trees and bushes in the background, then the playground is freely available. If there is an apartment building in the background, most likely the playground is freely available, but the playgrounds with a special floor covering are definitely located in the apartment complex.

The first photo shows a site in a gated apartment complex

In the second photo, the playground is located in the courtyard of a apartment building with free access.

The third photo is a playground in the kindergarten