2 Bad Rejections in Row, Why are most reviewers terrible?

ArtVandelay1979-PGOArtVandelay1979-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Nomination Improvement

I've upgrade submitted this as a wildlife sanctuary, and my latest trailhead at west entrance. Rejected for "temporary sign" this time. Does not meet criteria all 3 times. I also submitted with streetview of trail and sign each time. Am I missing something or are most reviewers pretty incapable?

Post edited by ArtVandelay1979-PGO on

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly sure thats a trail head, looks more like a marker denoting the entrance to sanctuary and to stay on the trail.

Your submission is a bit confused, you call it a trail yet also an entrance sign when it actually looks like a rules sign / name sign.

I would have scored it 3* or lower on the tittle and description as its not one thing or the other.

People well may be thinking, well thats just a rules sign and as such doesn't meet criteria.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Clearly a marker for a Wildlife Sanctuary with a trail. Is the trail clearly defined and was that part of you supporting information photo?

It may be that you should avoid upgrading it until it has had a chance to make it through your local voting pool and gain a few agreements. Then try to upgrade if you really want it?

I think the issue you may be running into is that it's a very "generic" looking sign. Many traditional trail markers are wood-carved or wood painted so they look like they belong. Folks may see this and think "mass produced", or more cynical reviewers may look at it at something someone had created and mounted just to get a Waystop created which may be why you got the temporary rejection reason. its common for folks to universally apply a standard like "not visually unique" to things that meet criteria in other manners.

Its a 3-4 for me, maybe a 4-5 with good supporting info, but you may have fell victim of agreement fishers. Keep trying, maybe just not upgrade, or not upgrade right away.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that it looks like a mass produced sign simply nailed to a tree. Nothing on the sign indicates this is the west entrance trailhead marker. Does the satellite view clearly show that this is an entrance? Did you place a photosphere?

• ArtVandelay1979-PGOArtVandelay1979-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

Also, there's one of these signs on start (this one) and the end of the trail. I was hoping to get an east/west combo. That hope may be in vain.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

Although I didn't review this, I looked at intel and Google. I see an accepted large wooden sign that I believe is the west entrance. I see a photsphere a significant distance down the trail to the east. I'm confused as to why a sign well within the trail is considered the entrance especially when there's an accepted much nicer one by the street where people actually enter the trai.

• ArtVandelay1979-PGOArtVandelay1979-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

Thanks for comments this is helpful. I did have photosphere. This was my supporting info:

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesnt help that this “trail marker” is basically stating rules on it. Which makes it come off as a rules sign which arent eligible