Feedback? A swing as a playground

Hello!

I tried to submit a swing as a playground, since it's the only playground item and I read somewhere that it would be okay. It got rejected with a reason "does not meet criteria" and was flagged as abuse. Is a swing not a good playground or did I get bad reviewers?

Also, is there something I can do to make it better? Title was "Taimistotie 7 leikkipaikka" (Leikkipaikka means playground in finnish) and description just "Playground". If I write what items the playground has, the title/description will get less stars and will be rejected because of that (this happened with another playground).

First picture is the main picture, second one the supporting and third one the email I got.

Thank you!

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would maybe mention who uses the swing the most. More likely residents of the apartment building. Usually 1 word descriptions on nominations that should go through arent the greatest. You could honestly even describe the swingset itself as anything is better than 1 word

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would use the title "Swingset at (name) Apartments" - permanently installed equipment is eligible. In the description, I would say something like "a place for the little ones to play".

If the swingset does not show on Google Maps, you can download the Street View app to make a photosphere to show it does exist. That might have been the cause of the abuse review if it looked like it was a fake nomination.

The only thing from Niantic that I have seen about not accepting swingsets is as a separate area in a playground that is already a wayspot. That is not the case here.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

That could have gone through and I don't see how anyone can claim it's abuse. Having said that, individual playground equipments will (rightfully) get lower reviews.

I'd keep the title as it is. "Taimistotien keinut" while accurate, is not convincing.

Write at least something in description, just playground seems lazy. "Kerrostaloyhtiön pieni leikkipaikka Janakkalassa."

• LauraLinna-PGOLauraLinna-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I actually wrote "leikkipaikka" and not "keinut" so that people wouldn't think that I'm going to submit multiple playground items. I think I will keep it as leikkipaikka then if that sound better.

Thank you!

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

I don't review in Finland. I probably would have 4* that as playgrounds in Spain appear to be automátic passes assuming all other criteria met (no water Mark, verificación it likely exists, etc.).

I prefer "zona infantil" with Spanish for the ambiguous one or two playground piece situations. It seems better than "Parque infantil". Not sure if that distinction works in Finnish.

Lots of the descriptions here that pass are blech. Picture and verification matter most. Mentioning the name of the apartment complex may help or may not. If there is a Finnish telegram group, they may be best placed to explain how playgrounds pass in Finland.

• LauraLinna-PGOLauraLinna-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I took better pictures (made sure there were other wayspots visible, so that reviewers could confirm this playground with those too) and wrote a longer description. Also took a supporting photo from the street, where street view car had visited and made sure people could see that this was not fake (or abuse).

This was just accepted!