Skypool rejection

This location is not currently a POI, but the crazy architecture is showing up all over social media. It's a modern viral landmark (if that exists).

Thought it would be a shoe-in.

Apparently not.

Rejection:

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it, The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.

Nomination:

Under the Skypool

NOT ACCEPTED

UPGRADED

2021-03-22

Description

Stand under the skypool and watch people swim from one building to the other.

1 Viaduct Gardens, Nine Elms, London SW11 7AY, UK

Supplemental Information

Embassy Gardens has finally completed the skypool they have been promising since construction of the buildings. You can’t swim in it unless you are a resident, but you can stand on the public sidewalk under it and watch the people swim over you.

---------

The supplemental photos shows people on the public sidewalk under the pool. It is quite apparent that this is an apartment block not a private residence. Very frustrated with this process.

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I would resubmit it but highlight that your submitting it for architectural reasons and maybe include a link to the website in the support statement.

Jazz up the description as well, something like "This unique one of a kind skypool was designed to give the feeling of flying while floating. With no other pool like it in the world its a truly individual piece of architecture"

Or something like that.

If I ever see it id happily give it the high grade it deserves

• KwyjiboHan-PGOKwyjiboHan-PGO Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

This is an iconic structure, a distinctive piece of architecture that has been heavily covered in the national press. (Although mainly as a sign of ridiculous wealth and conspicuous consumption 😂)

Easy 5* nomination as is. It's the reviewers which are the problem. Even if we're too poor to access this, residents clearly can. Link to articles in the supplemental info. Give architectural and dates in the description. But I repeat, this is 5* as is.

Glad to see others nominating in central London.

• SlicedPeas-INGSlicedPeas-ING Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Technically, submitting it as a residential pool would make it ineligible, but that's irrelevant, this is clearly a spectacle on its merits as much as a mural on the side of a building.

Maybe go for a humor angle and name it "Inevitable Disaster"

Edit: I love alliteration and "Wealthy Whale Watching" just popped into my head.