Define permanent...

My nomination was rejected because it does looks like permanent. Can someone explain?? It is new but hardly a seanson display.

Comments

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Clearly anyone walking around with their jackhammer could take this right out in five minutes!🤣

You upgraded it and you got caught by agreement fishers. Looks like a legit submission. I would submit again but dont upgrade and keep it to the local review community, at least for a while. Should go through but maybe not on an upgrade.

Also is that like a tetherball soccer apparatus? Looks cool.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very easy to understand why this was marked as temporary.

It looks like piece of equipment thats been put in place for the summer and once that has passed the pole will be removed just leaving the stump in the ground.

If it was a solid piece of equipment, shaft mounted into the ground I'd agree it was permanent, but as you can clearly see the mounting points in the stump, it looks like its just a summer only attraction.

Does it stay up all year round and more importantly can you prove it, i.e. a winter picture ?

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think this looks temporary but I am a little confused by what it is. Is it a short pole? The picture kind of looks like you took it from an apartment window but I think that’s because at first I thought it was a head high pole.

Center what you are nominating in the middle of your main photo is my suggestion at the moment.

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this is a tetherball apparatus as well. At least it looks like it is

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

I think the rope and a ball that seems to need to be inflated make it seem potentially temporary... or at least something something easily vandalised and thus temporary.

(I'd be 50/50 on it myself. Depends largely on the text I can't understand and if there are similar things around it for which it should be grouped.)

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

If it’s meant to be there permanently or until another one can be installed many years from now, it’s acceptable. The rope nor the ball look worn. Also it looks like it may say the word fitness in the concrete

• WikiBlue-INGWikiBlue-ING Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

Is it a steel wire rope? If so, I guess a close-up (instead of a surrounding view) might help as a support picture

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

I think you got an unlucky set of reviewers. This is as temporary as a horse shoe pit and those seem to get approved easily. Given there's only one reason stated for rejection the reviewers may have been split between accept and reject on this.