Playgrounds - Individual Items

I am seeing so many submissions for individual items in a playground, with so many things already accepted around them.

What the heckles is going on in Russia with this?

I thought under criteria you submit the playground as a whole? there is no way here in the UK individual items would be accepted...

Am I voting wrong? or have I been submitting wrong?

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is supposed to be one wayspot for the entire playground.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is rather that Russia did their "own" thing there.

Theres always something in every country that wouldnt make it somewhere else

(i.e. Cemetery-Chapels are 5* in Germany, wouldnt be accepted in other countries).

People here in Germany did that a while back with those little Elephants, little Quak and submitting every Ladder and Slide seperately.

Some got accepted, but as i found out playgrounds only do get accepted as a whole.

BUT - you sometimes never know in Russia where a House begins and one ends. Large large Colums with alot of differnt playgrounds in front or back.

It isnt easy - from what i can see from Novosibirsk, that there are alot of Playgrounds in Russia.

I guess also that our russian friends and family just do not think too much about that.

AND - I really have to say that i havent had many fakes or private homes ! last is mostly because, well in Novosibirsk there arent many private homes. I am really surprised that people are doing a good work there.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

One wayspot for the playground. Mark everything else as a duplicate. If no existing wayspot exists, reject individual pieces of equipment for not meeting criteria.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

It's very common practice in my country too (although I personally dislike it).

My impression is that a lot of the communities in non-English speaking countries just make up their own sets of rules. Some deviate than Niantic's guidelines less, some more.

• HelvetiaZH-PGOHelvetiaZH-PGO Posts: 88 ✭✭

They even submit things if they are almost next to each other. It’s like they are not aware a POI has to be 20 meters away from another POI. Sadly satellite view is very poor and street view often not very helpful (streets to far away)

• TheDougie3-PGOTheDougie3-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Yes, it seems there are a lot of very marginal "playgrounds" in Chelyabinsk too. Single piece of equipment in a dirt lot between apartment towers. And in Perm and Yekaterinburg too, but those seem to have more graffiti than playground stuff. I see about 25% fakes in Perm.

They are as frustrating as playgrounds, parking lot basketball hoops, and tiny shelters with two picnic tables here in the US.

Most frustrating in this area is the fact that a lot of these playgrounds are in areas where the Russian government censors have forced Niantic to blur out areas on the satellite view and of course the apartment towers block street view.