Why even bother anymore?

I submitted this place twice. It is obviously located in a local park and is a magnet for local folks to pick up free mulch and talk gardening. It has now been rejected twice. Why? Reasons given: Does not meet criteria, no pedestrian pathway. Are you serious? Look at the pictures and the google maps location. Crappy reviewers need to be removed.

Comments

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, I live close to this!

I have seen something similar in game but I think it would be difficult to get accepted. You didn’t mention it in your rejection reasons but try to not get any license plates in your main photos. I don’t know if I would be able to read it during review but some people still reject for that reason even if they aren’t legible.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

Ask your city, parks department, or whoever maintains that land to put up an educational sign about the benefits mulch provide and/or a community notice board for people to share ideas, seeds, or event information.

• Rollingfine-PGORollingfine-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I can see many of your points, but this not some random pick-up/dump site on the side of a road. It is a very unique feature in a very utilized park. It is stronger than most submissions i am seeing these days. It is definitely better than some neighborhood entrance sign no one has access too save the landscapers. Thanks for the feedback though!

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the other comments. At my local park we have a compost/garden education center with signs explaining all the benefits and ways to compost and mulch, and all of those signs are wayspots. But the site where you actually pick up free mulch is not. The signs are educational and encourage exploration of the center, but the mulch distribution area is just get in, get your truck filled up, and get out. Does not encourage socializing.

So on to your submission. For feedback on the part of the nomination you showed us, what I see when I look at those photos are a traffic sign (ineligible) by what looks like a roadway and the "load at your own risk" does not convince me that it is safe.

I Googled "Three Oaks Park Lee County" and came up with this website for the park that does not mention a mulch program: https://www.leegov.com/parks/parks/threeoaks

I was able to see the pen on Maps, so I do think you can get a better supporting photo from further back that makes that look less like it is on a roadside. If there is any link you can provide about an educational program to go along with that sign, then include it in the supporting information. But with the highway traffic style sign that is similar to the first example in the "Rejection Criteria" I think this will be a hard sell, even with that.

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

IMHO the nominee is not eligible, I can't see why it should be .

comparing this with other submissions you see (and you probably reject) is not a good reference.

Will you drive a car after drinking 10 beers just because you've seen people drive cars after drinking 20 beers which is way worse ?

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

This does not meet criteria what so ever. This is more of an ad more than anything.

To add to this since I saw a comment about neighbourhood signs. generally neighbourhood signs are not eligible unless artistically unique. Good idea not to base nominations off of already existing wayspots as well

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Exercise, socialize, explore..... while this may be "informative" and I would personally love free mulch, this doesnt fit into these three categories. not eligible.