How do I review local pokestop nominations?

Hello, I’m new to Wayfarer. When I go to review nominations for pokestops, I keep getting pokestops in completely different states that I do not live in. I already put my hometown location in the area that I live in, if that makes a difference. Is there a way I can review only local nominations? Thanks.

Comments

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

If you set your home location you will get to review submissions in an area of about 250 km around that location. That is as local as you can get.

I live in a small country and I also get nominations from bordering countries

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no way to limit reviews to a specific geographical area. Wayfarer would actually break in many parts of the world if this was possible.

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Working as intended, this is to prevent abuse cases, so things can be reviewed from an impartial view, with no prior knowledge of the area. If people were able to review specifically local to where they live, then everything would get 5* rating (especially from a certain game demographic POV), so you are meant to review things far away from what you know.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

You automatically get nominations from (1) the most recent place you played, and its adjoining regions aka S2 cells - plus (2) anywhere - either upgraded or backlogged.

You can add (3) a Home location at least 250 miles from your place of usual play. Someplace with no neighboring regions in common with neighboring regions of your usual place of play. This should be a place you're fairly/somewhat familiar with, like, used to live there, spent summers there, drove through a lot, or something.

Add (4) a Bonus location at least 250 from your usual place AND from your Home location. You don't need to know anything about your bonus location.

Also, bear in mind that regions that include a lot of water (on the ocean) don't get as many nominations. So you might set those locations like 100 miles inland.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

There really isn't. You get things from 250km generally, and then from a larger area for ones that have been upgraded, and then a few from your bonus location.

I am in Madrid. I would estimate I get probably half my reviews from Madrid, and then the other half are upgrades. This includes Gibraltar (on a daily basis. Probably 1/50), Andorra, sometimes the South of France and sometimes the west of Portugal. (Rarely Galicia, Asturias or the Basque country but sometimes. Once or twice, the Canary Islands. Never Melilla, Ceuta or Morocco. ) I'd prefer not Catalonia, País Vasco, Portugal, France as then the language gap gets even bigger.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

As others have said, you don't. You'll get some, but distributing the workload across a wider area is one of the ways that Niantic can prevent local reviewers from creating their own rules.

I personally find it more interesting to review things that are farther away. The stuff in my own area is stuff that I'll come across naturally if it's accepted. Reviewing more distant stuff allows me to discover things that I would probably never encounter in person.

Also, remember that people outside of your area are reviewing things in your area. It's kind of like an exchange program.