What are you going to spend your Upgrades on?

GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

My upgrades are being applies slowly so I'm able to select upgrade next for a lot of wayspot nominations.

I've got a park near me with a ton of soccer fields I'm hoping to get approved, and another nearby park that recently build a new playground and ampitheater.

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably nothing. I seem to be making a run at accumulating more upgrades than anyone in the world... I'm currently at 25 and halfway to #26. I like to review but I'm super picky about what I submit and I live in an area that's been high-density since I started playing Ingress in 2013 so mostly I only submit the occasional piece of new street art.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I don't leave the house hardly at all, so don't get the chance to submit things very often since the pandemic started. However since things go through the queue quite slowly here, I've got ~10 things needing decisions one way or another so the upgrades can go towards clearing out the whole backlog even if they all get rejected. It would be ideal to go out over the next few days and find 10 great submissions to use these upgrades on, but I am not able to do that. Mostly I'm just pleased to get a decision on everything so I can start afresh when I can go out and play and look for new waypoints again.

I enjoyed the challenge, especially the lack of 4 hour cooldowns for inconsistent reviewing, meaning I could just go at my own pace and review in large blocks rather than slowly and a few at a time, always scared of a cooldown. It's helped me understand that I'm reviewing OK, because I got agreements and upgrades at a decent rate, so it is making me less worried about what the cooldowns are for (I think they are mainly for speed in my case).

I think the upgrades rolling out steadily is a lovely idea too, as it gives people a lot of control over what they pick and gives them time to find new submissions if they like to as well.

Can't wait for the next one (although then I'll have a home in one country and a bonus in Russia still, lol)

• ikaros02-INGikaros02-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I'm currently out of anything to nominate and I suspect there will be many upgraded nominations for the time being so I think I will just stick to reviewing and hoarding as many upgrades as possible, currently at 22.

• MaxEtMoritz-PGOMaxEtMoritz-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭

I nominated a fitness trail in a local park long ago but wasn't able to upgrade all stations yet. Now is the time to do so.

Maybe a few things from my homezone that wait long for an upgrade, i will see and decide when the upgrades apply one after the other...

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

Some upgrades will go towards nominations in areas that take absolutely forever to have a determination.

The rest will help speed up the process of populating a brand new all abilities play area with waypoints.