Upgrades applied but no submissions resolving

So far I've had 6 of the 10 reward Upgrades applied to my nominations. I like how I've been able to select which ones to apply them to as they roll out slowly. However, at least 2 of the nominations that I Upgraded had already been in voting for a long time. One was a playground. Under normal circumstances, it should have been approved within a few hours of being upgraded. It has been days with no resolution. This leads me to believe that it has not really been upgraded even though the system tells me it has.

I suspect either these upgrades aren't behaving the same way regular upgrades do or the system logjammed.

What is going on?

Comments

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

The system is more than likely log jammed with all the upgraded nominations being processed at the moment. Especially given the rush of people joining the Russia Wayfarer Challenge in the last few days of the event.

Then you also have the large amount of people still waiting to receive their upgrades.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

whatever Niantic does, it is just a tearjerker.

Now even Upgraded things do not move a bit, because everyone now has 10 upgrades+.

and add to that, 100ts of people did run out in the last 4 days to submit as much as possible, to cover the things that get upgraded (to not waste them on "precious 3*").

NIA just doesnt thing a thing thru, and is not having the people that understand the psychology behind their system.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many of you stopped reviewing after the challenge was over?

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Exactly, I'm still reviewing over here but I feel most got the upgrades and stopped doing the work. Now there are more upgrades than reviewers. I'm not complaining tho because I just had my first upgraded one from this event go through when normally it would take a year to get approved.

@TheFarix-PGO @Runnerddp-PGO yes exactly, you get the prize of the day.

Something Niantic just has not thought of - everyone just stopped reviewing, again. Also adding to that, it is 6 weeks of soccer European Championship, it is generally already the phase where most people go on holidays, it is 30 degrees in Europe - all in all, they just placed the END of the event into a dead zone.

• Niantic needs to give people an incentive to use Wayfarer even AFTER the event is over.
    • Also, it wouldnt harm to have a week where people ONLY work off the upgraded things
    • Also, it would have been better to just not have let people submit anything now
    • AGAIN - Niantic just needs to talk to the people that use its system - US!
  • Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador
    edited June 2021

Likely a large percentage. I'm at six or seven upgrades received with no decisions yet. My only accepted candidate in the past week was not upgraded at all. Despite daily review sessions, my agreements are crawling along slower than ever while my rating stays consistently great: I'm reviewing almost exclusively upgraded submissions from others.

Now is a wonderful time to review. The need is great, the areas are varied, the potential for agreements is high. Most of the candidates I'm seeing are likely upgraded submissions from those members of this community forum who took part in the challenge, and thus are more savvy than the average untutored new submitter. I'm looking forward to all those quality candidate reviews!

• aleprj-INGaleprj-ING Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is exactly what I predicted... Lots of people with 10 upgrades, many of the ones that were regular reviewers and reviewed to farm upgrades for their own nominations will probably stop reviewing (not to mention the ones that started reviewing only for the challenge and wouldn't review anyway).

Adding so many upgrades to the system was not any wise, and it will take a bit for the system to recover.

edited June 2021

to be honest, i personally didnt really get many upgraded things today.

The amount of clear "noob" submissions today was earthshattering. There were no good submissions, and i personally doubt very much that these submissions i had in review today were from people that upgraded these.

Maybe NIA has just turned off that we can review upgraded things. After their shenenigans with shiny pokemon (I look at you, Galar Ponyta, and your fellow pokemon that have had their shinys turned off) i wouldnt be surprised.