Rating process

My rating has stayed at poor and my badge at 798 for months when a) other people are higher with lower percentage, b) I've gotten 100 agreements with no change, c) I've gotten over 50 stops approved, d) I've mentored many people on how to nominate successfully, e) I have a doctoral degree in a research field and have created assessments so i know very well how to judge in an unbiased manner according to set criteria. Something is very wrong with this system. It is counter to numerous behavioral principles and for no logical reason. Basically individual ratings of people following rules are impacted by actions of a group that we know is full of people doing the wrong thing. The fact agreements don't count towards the badge alone is beyond explanation.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

It can take a lot of "correct" reviewing to get back into "Good" ot "Great".

• alica1001-PGOalica1001-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

At 45% I got liften to rating: Fair but now I was lowered to Poor with 55%. There is no logic with this. I would not care (just leave the whole thing) but it counts towards a medal.

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

From what I understand there are some honeypot nominations scattered throughout the review queue. These nominations have been pre-reviewed by Niantic and not agreeing with their assessment is likely to have a big impact on your rating.

• dipss33-PGOdipss33-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

@kbckhldt-PGO for increasing your medal progress you need to get a good or great rating then whenever you get agreements it counts towards the progress and I agree to your sentiments the reviewing system needs to align with the criteria only and only way to improve your situation is you need to upgrade on the criteria and understand it thoroughly and help your community people with it.

• kbckhldt-PGOkbckhldt-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

I calculated some people's percentages on their profiles. 62% at great, 52% at poor, good at 60%, good at 56%, great at 60%, good at 38%, good at 53%, fair at 38%. Just figured I would share that.

• LFrey-INGLFrey-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

I'm currently at 67% agreement, have been reviewing for years, at top ranking most of that time, and recently slid to poor, and then back to fair, where it's remained for several months, despite careful reviewing. I'm only 135 off Onyx badge in Ingress, and would love to complete that. Is there an actual appeals process where a human can look at this, because it feels like a bug or something is broken.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your agreement rate is not linked to your "rating" in any way. I've been fairly steady at about the 65% "correct" mark, but over time my rating has varied across all the rating levels.