Trail Signs Denied

I nominated a bunch of these trail signs so help is appreciated. All these trail signs I nominated are like this one where they look like road signs but they all say trail and all are along pedestrian trails away from the road. Also I have seen an increase in people denying for explicit or inappropriate activity. Is that the new 'generic business' denial?

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I suspect the major reason for rejection is that the signs themselves looks like street signs. I don't have a lot of improvement suggestions, but my main one would be to change the name of the submission to something like "White Oak Trail at Cottonwood Trail" and avoid using the name of the nearby road. Perhaps in the supporting information, acknowledge that the signs look like street signs but assure the reviewer that these are pedestrian/bike trails. If you can find a link to a trail map to add to your supporting information, that might also help substantiate the names and locations of the trails. But I think that anyone who looks at these photos closely can see that these are not street signs; it's just getting the reviewers to actually do so that is the issue.

I would ignore the "inappropriate or explicit" rejection. It seems that it isn't effectively communicated to reviewers what that particular rejection reason is supposed to mean, so it gets used to simply mean "this is not an acceptable (appropriate) submission."

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the only one that has been denied? People have differing opinions on trail markers. Near me (North Carolina) they usually go through, but our local ones don't look so much like street signs. Street signs are featured in Wayfarer under Criteria>Rejection Criteria, and quick reviewers could have just marked 1* without reading anything else.

I think people are using the explicit or inappropriate rejection to mark things that are not appropriate for game play - which could apply to traffic signs at an intersection, if that's what they thought they were.

Or they could have seen the typo for trails in the description and decided to reject it and just picked a reason.

I don't see any angle that would be a significant improvement on either photo and you did show the marker in place from further back in the supporting info, which is good. The trails are marked on Google Maps, so you have that going for you. I would resubmit and not upgrade, so that more people have to look at it for you to get a decision. That makes it less likely for a couple of people going too fast to cause it to be rejected. If there is anything you can link to in the supporting information that shows these are hiking trails, not roads, you can supply the link there. Best of luck!

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Thank you. I was leaving the rest for local reviewing but that takes over a year. Was hoping to get one through as a reference to other players that they are acceptable but oh well. Maybe in 2 years the trails will be a great place to walk and play and encourage less driving as many are away from the road.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont get how people have such hard time getting trail signs accepted. Before they were even mentioned in an ama i was able to get multiple accepted. Just super strange

I've gotten so many easy things denied lately. A mural, trail sign, pavilion, beach name sign, 150th anniversary plaque on a park bench, park entrance sign that is about 2 miles away from the other entrance sign, a building dedication plaque, a community rec center, and more. Of course I have tons of nominations as I usually use mine as soon as I get them so its understandable I would get some denied but I use upgrades on stuff that take over a year to go through normally and having easy stuff denied is just sad.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, many "shoe-ins" lately have been denied. During the Russia event a lot of things went through for me. The last 2-3 weeks since the event ended have been rough. My guess is too many bad stops have been upgraded and soured the community mood.

I'm also thinking many good reviewers are taking a break so we are left with many bad reviewers.