Continuous accumulation of rejections with wrong reasons Part2

BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭

8. Playgrounds

My question here would be first and foremost whether there is a minimum size for playgrounds in the criteria or whether playgrounds have to meet minimum requirements? Because nothing of the same is known to me. A playground is a place where you can play and a playground is also a meadow that should be used for playing!?

This playground has now been submitted 3 times. The first time it would be supposed to be because he belongs to a kindergarten! The 2nd time private and the photo has a wrong orientation (🤷🏻‍♂️?) The last rejection even says the location is fake AND the photo is from a third party! 🤬 Cannot be surpassed when it comes to cheek !!!

And how fake the submisson is 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who would you like to tell here that you couldn't see or recognize the playground ??? Also private can NOT be, this is a row of houses with a passage, you can also see from the benches and tables that it is not private🤦🏻‍♂️ just because there is protection against dirt over the sandpit, that is not an indicator of private!

9. Artful information board for the place!

*🤦🏻‍♂️ Before "know-it-all comments come back here", the sign is made of iron, it is anchored to the ground with a link chain (photo and video to follow). The squirrel design is chosen because it is the mall's mascot

This submission has also been proposed at least 5 times! The reason is different every time. Not permanent....

(Video material)

Privat !?

It is an open-air mall 🤦🏻‍♂️ how is that supposed to work, even if the shops are closed, you can still enter the place (also because of the cinema & the restaurants)! You at Niantic might even know the place, as this is a mall run by Uniball Rodamco, with whom you had contracts for PokéMon Go!

And then the location cannot be found ?? All you need for the exam is a watchful eye 🤦🏻‍♂️ and inappropriate activities in a shopping mall? I'm curious about that. And temporarily !, of course, if I, as a reviewer, do NOT check correctly and simply reject it 🤷🏻‍♂️ then it works!

And those were just a few submissons from me and other wayfarers. The displeasure is huge and less and less understandable when the clock is ticking 🤷🏻‍♂️

Slowly the question arises why one should still be involved in Wayfarer ??? Because you are only thrown back and not rewarded anyway. Faker & Trolle can still participate and players who want to help are literally kicked between the legs 💁🏻‍♂️

And so are the reactions from the submitter ...

☝🏻 @NianticCasey-ING & @NianticAaron

When other reviewers publicly threaten to deliberately badly review and rate submissons from certain places, because of certain people ...

something like that doesn't work at all

I think it's all said ... now it is about time that something comes back from Niantic for the submitters & reviewers who make an effort. The fact is that it would simply be appropriate for a team to deal with submissons again and check them again. You hand in the work but nothing comes of it. So you have to do it again yourself. Or you can build in more honeypoints 🤷🏻‍♂️ and pull people out of the way. Or you switch Wayfarer off for a few months and turn the system upside down.

I can't think of anything else because you just feel let down.

Comments

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭

Please have a look at the first part of the post beforehand, xD everything has become a bit too long, so I had to split!

Sorry, but nothing is problematic with these submissons except the reviewers who are looking for some fictional reason to reject the whole thing!

Do you remember this suggestion that you think is too bad !?

If you present a submisson stupid enough to the reviewers, then it will be accepted.

I think the photo is horrible 🤦🏻‍♂️, but that's how it is accepted! 💁🏻‍♂️

• Freakmaster5050-PGOFreakmaster5050-PGO Posts: 60 ✭✭

I disagree. While I would have chosen to call those sand pits and submitted, the actual definition of a playground is:

1 : an outdoor area where children can play that usually includes special equipment.

2 : a place where people go to do enjoyable things

”special equipment” would be the sandbox.

as for the squirrel, the photos show it’s not temporary. And while I wouldn’t give it high marks, I would pass it as it does qualify as an art piece.

I swear some of the commenters in a lot of these threads are why nothing outside of churches, murals, and playgrounds gets passed thru.

• Sasomida-INGSasomida-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭

A couple of months ago someone (I forget who, sorry) posted a very wise thread about "invalid" rejection reasons. If the waypoint submission makes people think "I don't like this", then you will get random rejection reasons, because some people will misclick but others will just pick a rejection even if it isn't the "right" one. Some reviews don't like selecting "other rejection criteria" time-after-time.

So if your main photo is poor, or the supporting photo doesn't support it (doesn't show it, doesn't show the context clearly), if the satellite photo suggests PRP, if the submission itself looks temporary, if the submission looks just not that interesting, if the first impression is "meh" etc, you will get random rejection reasons.

Don't blame the reviewers - it is the submission itself that is at fault. However much YOU like it, if lots of other people dislike it, you need to improve your submission (or accept it isn't a POI). Sure, some good submissions will get rejected, but so much of what people complain about is borderline (such as the most of ones here).

(Around 30% of my reviewed submissions have been rejected, several for dodgy reasons, but I have either improved the submissions or accepted that that POI isn't actually good enough. Sure, I complain occasionally, but after reading that thread, it made more sense.)

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BochumJules-PGO theres no need to post this again and again. Niantic knows that there are a shedload of problems with Wayfarer, and people selecting wrong rejection criteria is surely one of the problems someone / noone is working on.

The only thing you achieve is that people that read and SEE your submissions here, will remember that these are submissions from YOU.

That is a big Problem, as your submissions have to be seperate from the player/person. You are ruining the only small chance that your submissions has by giving people no choice but reject them because they know who submitted these things.

• TWVer-INGTWVer-ING Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does sharing your nominations here mean people have to reject them? You consider that submitter identifiable? Who says someone else isn't nominating the same object? Does making a photosphere also count as submitter identifiable? And do we have to reject all those nominations as well?

I don’t understand this thinking. So b/c we know who submitted something we have to automatically reject it? That makes no sense. I know a lot of the local submissions and who submitted them. As long as it’s a good submission I will approve.

👀 Why refuse ???? It's not about the submitter, it's about the examining wayfarers who reject these submissons for wrong reasons!

Where does it say something about refuse? The point is that these submissons were unjustifiably rejected. And Niantic should finally explain itself!

I was quoting two comments above mine where the member said you are “ruining the only small chance that your submissions has by giving people no choice but reject them because they know who submitted these things.”

I didn’t say to refuse. I was questioning my why this person says we need to refuse.

Sorry, I misunderstood / incorrectly translated your post. I think what was meant is that I am not annoyed about this topic for the first time and it is partly the same submisson over and over again (because this always has different reasons for rejection) and he means that other players could deliberately reject exactly these submissons, because they ... no idea ... are annoyed!? I don't understand the motivation of these reviewers who intentionally reject certain submissons ... a feeling of power? Somewhere he's right there are certainly these kind of reviewers BUT that's exactly where Niantic HAS to do something.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Until Niantic provide some sort of feedback to submitters on the sorts of percentage each rejection category gained while being reviewed, then there is no point getting excited and demanding "reviewer punishment". If 98% of reviewers said "Does not meet criteria" and 1% said "inappropriate location", that might give you a better idea of the problem with your nomination rather than focussing on the "misclick / troll / need to choose something other than the usual reason to keep the system happy" 1% strange reason.

As a reviewer, as long as your overall review score (ie - "No") agrees with the majority of the votes cast it makes no difference what reason you choose. Perhaps if Niantic started looking at the contibution of each category made to a review, and also how many of any particular "odd" category reviewers were using, only then would they start to see "troll" reviewers in the system.

• FLP487-PGOFLP487-PGO Posts: 3
    edited June 2021

Wurde abgelehnt, weil nicht einzigartig

Post edited by FLP487-PGO on
    edited June 2021

Wurde abgelehnt wegen Privatgrundstück. Es ist aber nicht auf einem Privatgrundstück. Es ist an der Hausfassade und das Haus ist direkt am Fußweg. In Hannover, Berlin usw. werden sämtliche Figuren am Haus, Stuck am Haus oder Kritzeleien am Haus durchgewunken. Das Haus was ich eingereicht habe, mit Geschichte von 1829 mit einem Link, wo die Geschichte sogar steht, wird ständig abgelehnt.

edited June 2021

Abgelehnt, weil das Bild angeblich aus dem Auto heraus aufgenommen wurde

• Kuleisbjorn-PGOKuleisbjorn-PGO Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

Then they should be banned, because that's abusive behaviour and I dread to think about other ways they poison the community.

How was that with the criteria? Post offices are allowed because they are a meeting place for people.

@NianticCasey-ING @NianticAaron @NianticGiffard @NianticGray

Is it possible that "The Reviewers"

- do not know the criteria?

- Don't feel like learning / reading the criteria?

- Simply reject the submisson without checking?

With such a submisson, you don't even have to do a lot. Like a playground or a church, it should actually be taken for granted.

So here one rejects a submisson with the reason, "Does not meet the acceptance criteria", ALTHOUGH this proposal corresponds to the acceptance criteria !? As you can see, the post office is integrated into a shopping center. Can you explain to me what obnoxious things are supposed to be going on here? It's about time to comment ...

No, people that review do not know the criteria. My post office here has always been rejected. Niantic knows this, and knows what the problems are.

• TeamRocky15-PGOTeamRocky15-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭

Some time ago I read somewhere in the AMAs that post offices have to be a separate building in order to be legitimate. When I find this clarification, I'll post it here.

A simple / additional branch in a building such as a shopping center, as in the cases described last, is therefore not automatically legitimate.

Unfortunately, this is another example of the fact that some things are lost in the automated translation and that Niantic generally has to formulate the criteria more precisely.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

In your nomination, the building is merged with other objects, and the street view does not show that it exists, and your photo does not show that it exists.

It is unlikely that your application will be approved, at least for this application.

You should learn more about how to make nominations.

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@51.4699608,7.2934172,246m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=ja&authuser=0

Then Niantic has to remove post offices from the criteria! I don't know which country you are from, but with a few small exceptions there are no more Hauppost branches in Germany. They were closed for economic reasons and the post office only has integrated branches and the German reviewers in particular should know that if you look through the news or read from time to time.

Always these generalizations. Take a look at the whole post. My submissons always have more than enough information or street view in places that are difficult to see. If you are not from Germany, you may not know, but the post office thinned out its postal network (approx. 4 years ago). With a few exceptions, there are only integrated branches. For this purpose, I deliberately didn't take any photos from the inside, because the people who have no idea then the reason "private" for the other votes. So stop talking, I need to learn more about suggesting wayspots. 👍🏻 I already have enough idea that if the reviewers were to do their homework, Niantic would check it out, I'd have to worry less about unjustified rejections!

always these discussions. everyone knows the problems, and just resubmits the post office until it is accepted someday.

just get over with it and enjoy playing pokemon go.

If it were that easy, I'm obviously happy if a submisson finally comes through after the 5-6 attempt, but I still don't feel like it or would you like to give me your upgrades? Currently I am probably rating above average many (in contrast to my playing time) and I would probably continue to rate even if I have no new suggestions, but certainly not!

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BochumJules-PGO I'm confused by your statement that if Niantic only considers standalone post offices as legitimate then they need to remove post offices from their criteria. I think it's reasonable for Niantic to permit things even if they are rare in certain areas. I wouldn't be surprised if there are countries that have few to no public swimming pools but that doesn't mean they aren't eligible in parts of the world where they exist.

Postoffices are a great example for our regional differences.

Postoffices in Germany should be wayspots, but wont be, as they lack the standalone feature of the office / the building.