Pls restore invalid removed old wayspot

Title of the Wayspot: Sterbetafel

City: 27330 Asendorf

Photos to support your claim: at the end of this post

Additional information:

Background: this wayspot existed in Ingress even in the beta, at least 7 years and is part of a couple of memorials next to a church. they're all real and legit and public safely accessible 24/7/365 (4 wayspots / portals, explanation follows)

But yesterday, (the first) one of those got removed from the "portal network". Sadly.

It is a HUGE memorial NEXT to a church for the losses of the WW I fighters from this village. It's literally a hundred years standing there, leaning at the church (which is standing there 900 years and more, first made from wood, while this current brick and mortar version of the churrch is from 1545).

It ist NOT part of the church, it is on the outside and very close next to it, leaning at it if you like to say so. But it is an individual object.

There are also the former church bells standing next to the church a few meters away and on the lawn is a memorial stone / sculpture for the losses of WW II.

There are food paths and benches to sit and it is a public place for everyone. I know this location for more than 40 years myself and can confirm that it is as I stated it here.

Location is here:

https://www.google.com/maps?daddr=52.771043,9.006903 (Google Maps)

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.770962,9.006883&z=19 (Ingress Intelmap)

Wait: "The first one" to get removed?

Yes, there are worries, that this is about to take all of them down.

NOT by demand of the church or the neighbours, but by players - probably of Ingress.

(I won't tell the faction as this shall be no witchhunt or blame stuff x vs y or whatever, both factions are equally nice and legit, none is "better" or "worse".. but in both factions are some "lesser nice" people playing their egoistic agenda. And some of those seem to have an evil plan based on purely personal reasons it seems to me as a watcher.)

More background:

Since a few weeks, some people try to get the portals (wayspots) there out of Ingress due to doubtfull personal reeasons I suspect (and this will lead to deletion in Pokemon, HPWU too by the way - and they are popular here to PoGo / HPWU players).

One player (known here) took pictures as a scout controller (3D views) and then he set this picture as the main picture for ALL those 4 portals there! For the church, for the WW I memorial, for the WW II memorial and for the former bells.

Then his faction instantly upvoted the pictures with the numerous keys he and his colleagues distributed.

Result: all 4 portals had the same picture and a take down appeal with reason "duplicate" could start - for all of them.

Sure, absolutely "illegal", as they were and are 4 real, individual objects and therefor 4 waypots/portals, but the Operation Wayfarer people who had too decide if this is valid or not just saw: 4 wayspots, all with the same picture > so could be duplicates= should be deleted.

And it happened. For the first one. More to follow probably.

The other faction realised this kind of manipulation and distributed the keys too and tried to upvote the former pictures, which also happened, and a NIA support case was opened too and the former pictures were reinstalled, but sadly too late as we see now.

The background is a personal twist of some people of the one faction which think, that the other faction uses these portals as "a farm" and therefor they want to have it taken down and out of the game. This is not new, but since a while they increased their effords and recruited more people to help and started this "picture change and upvote and remove appeals as duplicates" operation.

This is kind of a new quality and they are successful. And one could say: hey, don't bother about it, don't care about those egoistic freaks, .. sure, I don't care at all about them and their "reasons" and "strategies" to try to harden life for the other faction.

But this does not change the fact, that a legal, real, old, meaningful and in no way duplicate or otherwise inappropiate portal / wayspot has illegally been taken down.

This behaviour is something I better don't comment as I don't want to use strong words here :-) and I let it up to you to care for or ignore that.

But we all should not allow people to take down wayspots based on egoistic personal reasons! And falsifying info (like setting misleading pictures and voting them up, starting takee down appeals and trying to misinform evaluators in Wayfarer with those means) should not be successful. It is sadly successful, yes, but I really, really HOPE, that this removal will be undone and that potential future removals of those wayspots / portals nearby will not be happening.

I don't know, what to do or whom to address, so I address it to all of you and whom it may concern. Please take the neccessary action.

Thank you very much.

Tagged:

Comments

• PolluxCastor-INGPolluxCastor-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Can confirm. \o/ Thank you (and the community here) very much!

Keep up the good work at NIA - and let's all battle IN the games with the intended ways, but let's not fight outside the game. Or because of the game ;-)

We have bursters to take down portals, we can fight PvP in PoGo arenas or even coop in fortresses of HPWU. And who knows, what Catan might provide at those locations.

We're all players, it's our world - let's keep it tidy as we do with the real world. Let's not spam it with garbage (invalid POIs), but also and let's not harm it by deleting valid ones.

And if we fail again and again at certain places, well, we need to try harder. Our time will come, victory will be ours. Someday :-)

Peace!