Boral Landing Removal Appeal x 3

Boral Landing -27.230596,152.892375

PRFMA Noticeboard and shelter -27.230403,152.892486

Boral Landing Boat Ramp -27.230402,152.892015

Brisbane

Australia

There is no public access to these 3 portals. They are located on a private power plant/water utility site owned by state government. You can’t even park in and walk as you will be trespassing. Please see the attached photos below showing the gate, the end of the road and the no public access signs. The only way to access the site is either trespassing or signing up to a local fishing club as a member. If you are a member you can access a shared key, to access the site only during daytime hours. To join you have to be invited into the club by a current member, which makes these 3 portals inaccessible to most players.

Tagged:

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

There is a safe pedestrian access (via the path) and there are people able to reach the POIs, even though not everybody can reach them. But as long as one person can safely access it once per 1000 years, the POI is eligible.

It sounds stupid, but those POIs are eligible/don't meet criteria for removal. The property owner needs to ask Niantic for removal.

• C1TYSPUD-INGC1TYSPUD-ING Posts: 18 ✭✭

But the property owner is the government/water utility company.....anytime someone accesses them from an opposition team it provokes a huge argument in game over cheating/trespassing/**** key and pass to access etc. They need to be removed. Same as the portal on federal government land in the RAAF base at Amberley. Non military personnel can’t access it.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

I know. But how I wrote above, you would in theory be able to visit it. Its absolutely ridiculous but those are the Niantic-official rules. Not my opinion/my wish.

• C1TYSPUD-INGC1TYSPUD-ING Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Yeah it’s bs cause these portals just open up a can of worms. In theory you can visit, you’re correct, but in theory I could win the lotto 🤪🤪 Here’s hoping Niantic see it differently....somehow I doubt it and the furore will continue. The lake is so low atm they aren’t even using that entrance.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

If fishing club members have permission to access the site, then these Portals are acceptable to Niantic. They don't have to be accessible to everybody 24 / 7, just someone with permission.

I know several Portals like this, either "grandfathered" ones on military bases that can only be accessed by Service personel, or ones on sites where access is restricted to site staff only or only open to the public 1 or 2 days per year. They are all valid Portals.

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We took another look at the Portal in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.