Metropolitan College Sign Board Nomination rejected.

I would like to appeal that a nomination that I nominated on 19th June 2020, Metropolitan College Sign Board has been rejected for false reasons.

I am attaching the rejection email below.

Nomination ID: Qg/dTOtAf3gtH4i0Oy27xmeQF/0SDzeALNfNL7zSei4=

I have attached the nomination ID as well.

As the email states,

It was rejected because it is on the grounds of a primary/secondary school (up to K-12), premises on child care/ daycare center.

This reason is completely false, this is a University for undergraduates and postgraduates. Anyone who is 16 years and above comes to this University for their higher education, there is no school or daycare center near the University. Metropolitan College is a very famous and reputed private University in Dehiwala Sri Lanka. It has another branch in Batticaloa Eastern Province Sri Lanka.

The second rejection reason is Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views.

If you see the Google Maps and location Marker you can clearly see the University and even on street view.

I have even attached the street view and map view.

Please accept my appeal @NianticCasey-ING and make this a POI as its completely eligible and not a non-eligible wayspot.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic will not change the outcome if a Waypoint nomination is rejected by the community. This forum is only for appeals where people have asked for Waypoints to be removed.

Looking at your photo, I'd have to say this does not look like something I would score highly, I don't think it meets any criteria.

• Firsttimefever-PGOFirsttimefever-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

I don't agree with you on that, because Universities are definitely eligible and this is a reputated and Famous one, and its definitely rejected for the wrong reasons, hopefully Niantic can do something, because it's a waste, this Nomination was in voting for 9 Months just so it gets rejected, when clearly the rejection reason is wrong, I'm sure all the evidence I have given shows that.

Also the Photo is the Google Street view picture not the Nomination Picture, that Niantic can see through the Nomination ID.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

As sogNinjaman-ING wrote, this part of forum isn't for threads like that, and you can't appeal rejected nominations.

If you make new thread in Nomination Improvement where you post screenshots from your nomination (all of it, with all photos, title, descriptions and locations) and you attach to it your rejection email from here, we could see how reviewers see it and if you can improve it in any way so it will be accepted next time. Wihout seeing your real nominations we can't help you in any way.

Screenshot from streetview you just gave us isn't the best too, but as you mentioned you nominated signboard and no college, which signboard do you mean? I see here some adds and one place with the name of school, but no signboard. Again, show us you nomination in other forum section, so we can see it and help you.

And you mentioned it's not K-12 but you posted that people that are 16 years old still study here. I tried to check when you're considered an adult in your country and it looks like it's when you're 18 years old. So if there are students under 18 studying here (and you mention there are) you will get rejection for K-12. Even if it's University, if it teach people under 18 here it will be rejected for K-12 reasons, because there are students who aren't adults. It was reviewed in your country, so if reviewers choosen K-12 for it, they thought like that too. But again, show us your nomination with photos and your descriptions, so we will see if anything I wrote here about rejections might be right. Do it in Nomination Improvement and we will see.

• Firsttimefever-PGOFirsttimefever-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

Alright So I will do that, besides FYI the legal age is 18 but this is a fully approved University for adults, I will share all details in Nomination Improvement

• Invalid Appeal - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We're not currently reviewing Pokéstop/Gym candidates. Please resubmit the nomination by improving its title/description if you feel that it was a valid nomination.