Removed Wayspot Appeal

Title of the Wayspot: [Space Invader Villejust]

City: [Villejust (91)]

This wayspot was removed without any valid raison. Mosaic on the wall exist at least since april 2020 and is still here. Ingress portal is removed many times and accepted just after.

It was removed once again recently. Wayspot was accepted in Wayfarer many times but every time is signaled and removed. It has a pedestrian safe sidewalk just to it. This not school or police station. This not on private property - this house is not single family place. There are two separete doors, one for appart upstairs and second for other family on the right. There are two door bells two names on mailbox.

Yes, this is not original mosaic made by Invader but take a look to his official webpage:

It is too high? Village is too small? There are plenty of similar mosaic in the world. Invaders are always installed high and in very unexpected places!

Look also at ABOUT section of official webpage:

here you can read that everyone can make his own mosaic of space invaders and its not prohibited or treated fake. This is part of movement accepted by artist.

This fanmade mosaic is still valid street art.

Photos to support claim:

In this house lives TWO families, one in the groundfloor appartement (entry no2) and other one upstairs (entry no1), there is two separate doors, there are two ringbells. You can also see two names on green letterbox (Google not blushed it). All this you can verify using google street view.

Here in Paris region is normal that the houses are divised for two or more appartements.

Additional information:

Scren from my wayfarer account.

Yes, it had accepted this wayspot four times, but it was proposed also by others players and accepted at least two times! Every time when accepted it pop in games, there are no other POI close to it.

Please restore this wayspot, and protect it from signalement abuse.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sp4ceCourgette-INGSp4ceCourgette-ING Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Just 1 question?

If i follow your mindset, everyone can put randow homemade "street art" on a private wall and claim is legit ?

Just asking for future appeal, i will quote your answer 😁 In case of a pure and perfect random stranger put a bad copy of invader street art on a private wall in range from my couch 😉

Street art is more or less accepted by the mayor, and if they choose to let sometime the original piece from a famous street artist like invader, bansky, this is NOT one of them and can be easily removed. In this case each tag is legit, even thoses on shop anti theft's wall, even if 1 week after is not exist anymore.

Anyway, solo or multi familial, is a private propriety and is illegal to put some tag, street art in any form, within the writen acceptance of all the owners of the building.

Ie some big painting on wall in Paris

So if the city public workers come and clean it bc one owner call them, this poi will desapear after some days.

And i hope the artkiddy who do that run fast, police are everywhere right now, don't like so much random street artist, and he can be punished by some month of jail and thousands euros.

Good monday

• Robert4444-INGRobert4444-ING Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭

I think it is more permanent than grffiti and more original than a playground, sandbox or cross. It is also aesthetically pleasing. Personally, I would treat it as a "local gem" and a curiosity to be seen.

• TheKensei-INGTheKensei-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

Regarding your question, Isn't it the case for most of the waypoints?

If not half (or more) of the waypoints should disappear in big cities

• Sp4ceCourgette-INGSp4ceCourgette-ING Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

You all miss my point.

If a pure and perfect anonymous put a random mozaic on my wall, it's legit ?

Just for some thousand friends in France, in case they have the chance to see a random mozaic appears on a wall in couch range.

Other thing : Do you know owner, bc you are the owner or you rent a flat to him ? 4 time submited, looks like your home portal.

So you need to know, every 40m range pp is legit to be banned. Familial, multifamilial, is not the problem. Niantic just lose millions in US bc people trepass for catch pokemon or US a resonator.

Or explain me why each wall architectural art is systematicaly banned.

Maybe people report it know the owner too or one other owner in range, have a problem with him bc standing front of a window with 10 teamate, idk. You say it's abusive but maybe is not, who knows ...

Kid playground is not amazing, but stay in place for decade, like some other permanent art.

Street art is not always legal, and if it's open bar for make is own mozaic on a wall for have his own poi for niantic, just say it and i'm sure their will be thousand will appear in wayfarer next week. Just, i hope justice don't think niantic allow this practice ...

Post edited by Sp4ceCourgette-ING on
  • sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

This mosaic was removed and appealed last November. This is what Niantic had to say last time:

NianticGiffard Posts: 2,621Niantic › admin December 2020

Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.

Going by the continued acceptance / removal sequence, I'm betting Niantic probably have this location on auto-delete. The original Waypoint is still listed on the system, though not showing in any game. Any newly accepted Waypoint will be located within 20m of the "hidden" stop, so it is removed automatically.

And yes - it is still on the wall of a PRP. My bet is it's not coming back.

• Tacha76-INGTacha76-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭

But this is _not_ PRP wall.

There are no auto-delete fonction. Maybe decision is faster but not automatic. Why 20m radius and not 40m?

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

If you look through the forum here you will find many posts about this. 20m is the "action radius" for an Ingress portal, you can interact with it at a range of 20m or less. Some Waypoints are automatically removed / hidden by the system if they are too close to existing portals. The original location of this Waypoint is still in the Niantic database, and any new submission for it will be within 20m of the old location. I would suggest the "check distance and remove from game" process runs as part of the daily "waypoint synch" process, which is why you see the nomination accepted, appear for a short time and then "be removed". It is not being removed by "another player", the "report an invalid portal" process is far too slow.

• Tacha76-INGTacha76-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭

Nearly forgotten. Appel was denied in November 2020 because waystop was accepted through wayfarer nomination of another player when @NianticGiffard was taked a look into case.

It's not possible to restore waystop that exist in all games.

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.