Fake Wayspots

dontdoweedbois-PGOdontdoweedbois-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Invalid Wayspot Appeals

While reviewing submissions for the last couple of months, I have stumbled upon a fake submitter. Since I don't live in this town, I couldn't report these pokestops properly. However, I kept reviewing and these fake submissions kept popping up. I saved each and every one of them. This person takes a photo of an object on a single playground area and then submits them as a stand-alone POI in different parts of the town.

• Title: Plavi konjic

Lat, long: 45.346775004976024, 16.985689346557304

City: Novska

Additional information: there are already two POIs in the game of this Blue Horsie. This is a third one that has been submitted recently. I listed all three of these. I also listed another submission where you can see this Blue Horsie as a part of a playground (Title: Staroselsko igraliste, it's listed below since another part of this playground has been resubmitted on different location).

When accessing this place in GMaps, it leads us to a private property.

However, the same POI already exists in two other places.

Here they are:

• Title: Mali plavi konjić

Lat, long: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=45.341249,16.972323&z=16&pll=45.341642,16.974518

Additional information: This area cannot be accessed via GMaps. I also submitted a photo of POI. As you can see, it's the same Blue Horsie like the one above, only different angle.

• Title: Plavi konjić

Lat, long: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=45.328874,16.969047&z=18&pll=45.328969,16.969194

Additional information: Unfortunately, I don't have a bigger photo of this POI, however you can see that the title and the Horsie are the same (in ingress). This is the location on GMaps (and here, it's right next to train tracks):

Here I'll list more of these fake submissions. You can see the same blue horsie on these submissions.

• Title: Staroselsko igralište

Lat, long: 45.34701494881519, 16.983655638456415

Top right corner - you can see the same Blue Horsie.

Unfortunately, this location cannot be accessed via GMaps.

Another part of this same POI was submitted but on a different location. It's the blue star (top left corner of the previous POI)

• Title: Plava zvijezda

Lat, long: 45.34700190803865, 16.971064205983

This place cannot be accessed via GMaps. However, you can see that these are all part of a same POI but resubmitted on different locations.

________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

Here I'll list another couple of fake submissions. MO is same as above: different parts of a playground are submitted as a POI but with different locations.

• Title: Lokalno igraliste Outpost

Lat, long: 45.343743527617946, 16.965663971420046

Additional information: here you can see a submission titled "Lokalno igralite Outpost". On the supporting photo you can see other parts of the playground. Each one of these was submitted as a stand-alone POI but with different locations. I'll list them down below.

I don't know if this is the real location of this POI. GoogleMaps is a bit older and areas can change, however - the parts of this POI have been resubmitted in other locations and I'll list them below:

• Title: Dječje igralište

Lat, long: 45.3337713133159, 16.979987146183575

Additional information: Here you can see another submission. It's a seesaw from the submission above. On supporting photo you can see other parts of the same playground (swing, little car, little carousel), as well as the same fence and the wooden house (top left).

• Title: Autic Wrum Wrum

Lat, long: 45.34761501064107, 16.986182716679046

Additional information: This little car can be seen on previous two submissions. Car seems to be the same as well as the fence and overall background (ruined houses). The location of this POI has been pinpointed on close to another fake submission (Title: Staroselsko igraliste, can be seen above, I posted it already).

• Title: Vrtuljak u ul. hrv. branitelja

Lat, long: 45.349604222091195, 16.974881825195403

Additional information: This is a little carousel that can be seen on previous submissions (Title: Lokalno igraliste Outpost and Title: Dječje igralište). If that is not enough, the fence and the background is also the same (ruined wooden house). This location cannot be accessed via GMaps, unfortunately.

This person (I assume it's the same person) has been doing this for quite some time. This person also made other fake submissions in forms of football playgrounds, however those are a bit hard to prove due to the angle of the photos taken so I won't be submitting those. What I deem fake, I report, but they still make it into the game.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi there, @dontdoweedbois-PGO! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on 8 Wayspots and 4 Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.