MegaKyuremWhite-PGOMegaKyuremWhite-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Location Edit Appeals

Title of the Wayspot: Afro buay

Current location (fake): 12.578150, -81.701634

New location requested (real): 12.578411, -81.701916

City: San Andrés Islas

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information:

It seems that there was a misinterpretation or cheating on the part of those who reviewed my nomination (Afro buay), since they moved it to the opposite side of the street from the place where I originally proposed it.

Street View link where the "Afro buay" Wayspot is located in the real world (and where I suggest it should be): https://goo.gl/maps/xqr6Xhb9yyC624jd7

The mural is located on the north platform of the avenue (see image number 1), where it is possible to appreciate in Street View's photos that there is a construction in process (see image 2).

The panoramic photos that Google has of the avenue ARE TOO OLD, so that construction today is a very important handicraft store on the avenue and the island. In that same store, a permanent mural is displayed, which is the one I proposed to appear in the Niantic games.

I do not have a cell phone that can takes 360° photos, so I ask for your understanding in this regard.

I should also mention that in 2020 our archipelago (San Andrés Isla, Providencia and Santa Catalina) was hit by Hurricane Iota (it's real, you can check it on the internet), so many buildings on the avenue (20 de Julio avenue), like countless others across the island, they were rebuilt. Also, since Google photos are old, it is logical that many things have changed and been remodeled in these years.

Due to cheating or misinterpretation, the reviewers placed the Wayspot on the south side of the avenue (images 1 and 2), instead of the north side, which is where it is actually located.

In image 4 I show a photo taken on June 11, 2021 of the south side of the avenue, specifically in the part where the "Afro buay" Wayspot is currently located, and it can be seen that in this place there is A PROPERTY/HOUSE PRIVATE and not the Wayspot. In addition, neither in this updated photo nor in the Street View photos there is any type of drawing in this place, much less the mural and Wayspot "Afro buay".

This is the Street View link where you can find the private property that I show in image 4 and where the "Afro buay" Wayspot is currently located in Niantic games (location that I request to change): http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&panoid=usQMsOU6jFJLXedzTnk09w&cbp=1%2C187.62155%2C%2C3.0%2C24.736053

I should also add that the current location of the "Afro buay" Wayspot is much further east than where it actually is in the real world (images 1, 2 and 3).

I request that the Wayspot be relocated to the location I proposed ( 12.578411, -81.701916 ), which is the most accurate possible, since several times I have stood there and copied the coordinates from Google Maps. Google Maps does not have the correct proportions and depths for many streets on the island, so when you review the location that I propose as a correction and improvement of the one that the Wayspot is currently located, it may appear that it is inside the building or a little set back from the street, but actually in a safe pedestrian access zone. Specifically, Google Maps shows the street and its platforms a little further south than where they really are, so even the location where the "Afro buay" Wayspot is currently located, although it seems to be located in the middle of the street, it is actually much further south, and therefore within a PRIVATE HOUSE / PROPERTY, which is against Wayfarer policies.

Take into account then that: (1) the mural in the real world is located much more to the northwest of where it appears in the Niantic games (that is, the Wayspot was placed by mistake VERY southeast of where it really should be). AND (2) they located him in a HOUSE/PRIVATE PROPERTY, which is against Niantic Wayfarer guidelines.

I appreciate your time and help to make the Niantic game Wayspot locations as fair, safe, and accurate as possible.

@NianticGiffard

Post edited by MegaKyuremWhite-PGO on
Tagged:

Comments

• Insufficient Evidence, resubmit Appeal - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. Due to insufficient evidence, we’re unable to move the Pokéstop/Gym in question.

If you have additional evidence to share, please submit a geotagged image and a 360° video of the POI original location and we’ll take another look.