Proposal to change some of the nomination procedures

tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear Niantic

I have been reviewing and nominating Wayspots since the days of Operation Portal Recon.

I believe that the current Wayfarer system is, in the main, better than ever.

So, I have a suggestion to make this system even better.

This would greatly improve the quality of Wayspot candidates nominated by players, and would also help us in the review process.

One of the things we've done is to change the "What is it?" option from a choice to a requirement when nominating a Wayspot.

By making this a requirement, we can effectively reduce the amount of spam that is nominated because the nominator doesn't understand what it is, and has a specific, ulterior motive.

The reviewers will then check the categories declared by the nominators to make sure they are the same. If they are different in detail (e.g., from shrines to churches), the judges will correct them, and a more accurate categorization will be stored in the database.

In addition, if the categorization is found to be significantly different or false (e.g., community center to day care center), it will help to reject the candidate, and the nominator will be able to understand the correct category by looking at the reason for the rejection.

I'm not saying this is urgent, but I would appreciate it if you could consider this when you modify the system.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 to this.

I also think it's the first thing that the submitter should do and once they do they get targeted on-screen guidance for that category. That would cut down on a lot of low-value submissions because then they would have guidelines specific to that category. There are lots of things in "What is it?" that should be outright rejected, like schools (preschool, elementary school, middle school, high school) and others that can only be accepted in certain circumstances, like gravestones.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador

I always state which criteria I’ve nominated under on my supporting info so perhaps that needs to be a drop down choice when submitting? Then if it doesn’t meet any, the app suggests finding something else to nominate.

Also, if we are chucking in changes, make it all Wayfarer neutral. I don’t want “This would make a great PokéStop because …” or “Trainers will see…”.

• BleedBoss-PGOBleedBoss-PGO Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

I have to admit, this would be an excellent idea, which sadly won't see the light of day. This would have been Alpha-build stuff for any company who truly cares about their service. Unfortunately, it isn't the case.