Criteria for apartment signs or housing developments?

I just got a review for a sign of the name of an apartment complex at the entrance to the complex’s driveway. On first blush it doesn’t clearly violate any of the criteria and it’s visually distinct, but my gut is telling me that an apartment complex sign isn’t a good poi.

what’s the general principle on these? screenshot in the next post so this thread can go up right away

Tagged:

Comments

• nemimer-PGOnemimer-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Eu não avaliei então não tô aprovado

• Hi All,

Thank you for providing feedback and contributing. Loving the positive interactions in the community! Keep it up :)

• I know this is an old conversation, but I wanted to add my two cents. I live in an area that is almost all communities with some type of sign like this. Long before I started reviewing many signs in my area are waypoints. Since they are not on private property and usually alone sideway or bike paths they do promote exercise, therefore I generally accept them.

• PappaRubix-PGOPappaRubix-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

In my area hosting communities are generally areas with narrow roads, little traffic and frequent green areas with playgrounds and picnic tables.

I see these as a great place for exercise and being social, so I'll accept it as long as it's not a walled community.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Theres a fair number of these that were accepted in the past and they aren't inherently ineligible. But just because something isn't ineligible you have to make a case for why it fits the 3 current criteria.

Place to Explore

Place to Gather

Place to Exercise.

Generally speaking, these type of signs don't fit the exercise or gather category. Other place inside the community like a Community Center or Playground might. But the entrance sign.... wouldnt.

Place to Explore is really the only one that might fit a sign. ((Even then it won't fit most))

1 way) If the sign, or area was artistic enough: Usually I think of it this way, the stop/gym/poi is visible in game from a decent distance ((beyond interaction distance)) is it unusual enough that someone clicking on the photo might say "Hmmm I wonder what that looks like up close" ... or someone walking their dog would stop to admire it... that's explore worthy.

2 way) you'd have to have a great description about the community itself that encourages people to explore it, maybe for residence. Some cities have areas that become known for "Artists" to move in. or Musicians...

Mind you both ways would be hard sells, and probably take multiple submissions, but the signs aren't defacto ineligible. They just aren't generally eligible.

PS: This is why I dislike 5 star current system. 1 Star should only be for Inelgible and for specific reasons (Such as Private Property) . 2 Star should be for "No" it just doesn't meet eligibility. It would be better for a simplier 4 level system

1: Banned Location

2: No. Doesn't satisfy criteria.

3: Yes. Satisfies Eligibility Standards

4: Yes. Exceptional submission that can be used as premium example

If this is a gated community where you would be chased away by a security guard if you come to play, then it's ineligible.

The sign itself is just a placemarker. What matters is if this is a great place to go and play and explore. Maybe it is, maybe it's not.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

If this is a gated community where you would be chased away by a security guard if you come to play, then it's ineligible.

No.

It doesn’t matter if you can access it, just that someone can access it.

«...or behind locked gates so long as there wouldn’t be objections to you entering the area and the location is accessible to some folks»

If members of the public are denied access, then I see that as an objection to enter the area.