What do you do if you have a detailed description of something completely different?

Hello,@NianticGiffard

I am currently in the following case and I am wondering what I should do.

Title of the Wayspot:飯豊山の庚申塔

location:https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=38.189637,140.185491&z=17&pll=38.189637,140.185491

I had also applied for this spot, but another player beat me to it and it became a duplicate. So far, no problems.

I immediately looked at the spot and found that the title and description are all wrong and do not properly convey this spot.

The correct title and description should look like this.

(I'm writing in Japanese here.)

title

不動尊堂

description

不動明王の御堂。創建の記録は無い。棟札によれば平成14年6月に屋根回廊を修復している。すぐ横を流れる川は丁度滝のようになっている場所があり、ここを不動滝と言う。川の対岸には別当寺だった明王寺があったと言われている(慶安元年にはあったと記録される)。またこの地より東側に、元禄7年に八雲神社を建立したとされる(後に遷宮)。社殿の壁には宝剣が奉納され、取り付けられている。境内の石造物には大きめの飯豊山碑、湯殿山碑、大宮子易両大明神碑、権大僧都法印智了,智圎の碑、庚申塔などがある。

Now, here's the problem: if I suggest editing the title and description from the game as usual, will the judges understand it under the current system?

If the current description was just "It's a shrine", then you could have just submitted it as is. However, this is a lie, and it has been written in great detail. Small shrines in this type of area are basically impossible to find information about on the internet. You have to see the site or go to the local library to get it.

(Below, I present a photo of the site with the correct title and description.  This kind of shrine is often the name of a community, and in this case it was also the name of a bridge and a bus stop. It is also clearly written on a wooden tag found inside the shrine)

The current system simply displays the title and description, but does not allow the submission of supporting documents. The judges will be confused. Proposals may be rejected or skipped forever.

I often see people write "don't select this" at the beginning, and then write a supplement in the description edit, but I think this is very likely to be seen as abuse and will be punished.

In the meantime, the ingress community in Japan is accepting edits to the title and description, and since it is the same format as here, you can submit supporting documents. But... look at the following example.

Title of the Wayspot:八重垣須賀神社

location:https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=38.006354,140.128842&z=17&pll=38.006354,140.128842

This is a spot where the title and description are all wrong, caused by an acquaintance who got one road wrong. I suggested an edit in the community, and it was approved, but it still hasn't been reflected. Not only this, but almost all edits and deletions are not working and I don't know what they are for.

How can I make this spot the right one, with the possible situation of not only receiving a rejection email, but being skipped all the time and not even getting that permanently?

How do I submit it from the game as usual and wait?

Make this thread an edit appeal? (Without a rejection email?)

What's the punishment for someone who submits with a false description?

Honestly, if we could also submit supplemental photos and supplemental descriptions in the edit of the spot, like we do when we nominate new spots, so that we can review them as we go. I think this situation can be resolved without difficulty.

Thanks for listening.

Tagged:

Comments

• Invalid Appeal - It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet or it hasn’t been submitted via in-game; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Submit your title and description edits in-game. Do NOT attempt to provide any "additional evidence" through false description edits. As you have correctly guessed, doing so is considered to be abuse.

If either of your edits is rejected, you may then create an appeal in this forum with any supporting evidence you feel is necessary.