Invalid wayspot appeal : POI in a dangerous factory

Title of the Wayspot: Entreprise seveso, accès interdit au public

City: Saillat-sur-Vienne

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information: Hello, this POI is in a seveso classified factory (The Seveso directive is the generic name of a series of European directives which require Member States of the European Union to identify industrial sites presenting a risk of major accidents), please delete this POI.
Tagged:

Comments

• Appeal Accepted - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We gave this a second look and after reviewing the additional evidence provided, we've decided to retire the Portal in question.

• Cataract-INGCataract-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi @NianticGiffard.

I think appeal is based on misleading informations.

Seveso is a protocol for rescue and people in case of a major accident and there is no risk apart from that.

I hope that you will remove all the portals within a 3km radius of the site as this is the area where the directive applies. On this site as well as in the rest of Europe otherwise your decision would seem quite arbitrary.

Concerning access, it is certainly restricted, which is not a priori a reason for refusal, but visits take place regularly. The local news or associations sometimes communicate on it. Visits are even proposed during the industry week at the initiative of the government, as are the heritage days. In addition to the many subcontractors who enter every day.

Here are some recent examples :

https://youtu.be/ZbVPifBzfpA

https://www.riposteverte.com/retour-sur-la-visite-dune-usine-papier-ecoresponsable

In concrete terms, if you are near one of these signs you are in an area intended for the public which cannot present any risks or interfere with any operation whatsoever. These are educational panels about the paper making process and are scattered throughout the site to present each stage in front of the buildings in the different sectors.

I hope you will take the time to read them.