Update: In-Game Contribution Limit - Discussion

NianticTintino-INGNianticTintino-ING Posts: 1,103 admin
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

Hello Explorers, 

I’m excited to share a small upcoming feature update. 

In-Game Contribution Limits

For Pokémon GO players, we will be replacing the old contribution limit mechanism on October 26, 2021, (date updated on 10/13/21) from a 14 day wait period to accrue, to a daily accrual system, with increased max daily quota based on the contribution type. This applies to Wayspot nominations, reports, and AR scans. You’ll see this reflected in the messaging in your settings and the nominations or editing screens.

• New Nominations - 1 Daily accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Title Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Description Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Location Edits - 1 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Photo Submissions - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Abuse Reports - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • AR Scanning - 10 Daily Accrual / 200 Daily Max

For Ingress players, this same update will be coming later this year! We'll provide updates regarding release dates when we have them.

Stay tuned for more updates. Check out the original post HERE. Enjoy exploring! 

Post edited by NianticTintino-ING on
Tagged:

Comments

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, wait. I get each of those interactions per day, and they accumulate up to 40*? So if I don’t nominate any new POIs for three days, I’ll have 3 new nominations, and if I burn those I can come back tomorrow for another?

*I’m ignoring AR scans because I’m not doing those at all, ever.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit confused by the wording too (I have been awake for 29 hours though so I'm struggling to take in even basic information right now haha). I did read it like you have, but it would be nice if @NianticTintino could confirm that we're understanding it correctly (or correct us if we're misunderstanding it)

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

One other question, I haven't ever submitted a title or description edit via Pokemon Go but in Ingress they have a combined cap and any edit submitted for either counts against that cap. Under this new system are these accruals and maximums separate? this extends to every item on the list, can we assume each item on the list is an individual accrual and cap?

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

The different numbers in the AR scans here were my only hint to understand this strange "explanation". Getting 10 points per day makes sense.

And that's enought for me. I did some scans to get poffins ..... I need to accumulate XL candies for my shundo groudon somehow xD

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Hundred? Wow, good on you.

I guess at least it's a rolling amount, so you don't have to wait for 2 weeks or whatever for your bucket to refill...

But why have a limit on abuse/fake/not safe/no longer there reports? Also why limit AR scans (Are these tied to the tasks/rewards in-game?)

I'm thinking that the edits are getting nerfed because people don't use them nearly as often, and to also perhaps prevent flooding the system with edits (think the same location edit and name or photo edits over and over). But IDK about the abuse reports part???

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Ingress also has a higher number of possible nominations, 14 in 13 days vs. 7 in 14 days.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

So when Ingress gets this as well, do we get 80 nominations to use if we let them rack up?

• InvestigateXM-INGInvestigateXM-ING Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

Yes, but seeing as the new limit is 40, it's a gain for both games, so I didn't mention that

• ZinkyZonk-INGZinkyZonk-ING Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Spent hundreds of dollars playing pogo to get to level 40 so I could submit more portals. A game that I really don't enjoy as much as Ingress or Catan (builder not collector).... I am such an idiot.