Fitness Center Gyms with Phone Policies - Collection of Current Policies DEC 2021

First off, if this moderated, and this thread is not allowed or needs to be moved, please let me know.

This post is a follow up to my first post. I have compiled a list of Major Chain Brands starting with the USA that have Phone Policies and links to them. This list isn't fully inclusive. Please don't add discusion about this topic to this thread as my intent is only a source of information for quick links to support a claim to deny on conflicting policies. Several other threads already exist on the topic.

My first post concerned the possible issue of conflicts of player desires for new locations with Niantic's several games that have camera functions in them. Using a phone in these locations outside of the policy creates issues for all players. As a curtousy to others and the businesses, avoiding this issue seams prudent.

First this document I used Google to do a site search for the world Policy. Found any policy pages and then searched for the keywords "Phone", "Cell", "Camera" on the page.

I've found that most do not have a listing on their website of explict polices. However, they might be listed somewhere else.

I'm fully aware that this might be a non-issue as many people would deny these locations as unintersting chains. However, having a solid reason that goes beyond creating a dull gaming experince is also helpful to back up denials. It will create a better understanding of what is a good and bad places to put in requests.

If you know the polices for a Fitness center's use of phones and cameras, please post it this thread.

This policies could change at any time.

Please add more geographic locations. I am starting with the current listing here:

• 24 Hour Fitness:

Photos/Filming: Taking photos or filming of others is not permitted without their prior knowledge and consent, and under no circumstances is any photography or filming permitted within the Kids’ Club, locker room, steam room, or sauna areas.

source: https://www.24hourfitness.com/company/policies/member_policies

• AnyTime Fitness:
    • None found on first attempt to search the website for policies.
  • Cruch Fitness
    • None Found; First attempt to search website for policies.
  • Curves
  • Equinox Group
    • Not Found; First attempt to access website was unsuccesful. Website unresponsive.
  • P45
  • Gold's Gym
  • LA Fitness
  • Life Time Fitness

Cell Phones and Other Mobile Devices. Cellular phones and other mobile devices may not be used in photographic or video mode in any locker room, rest room, sauna, steam room, LifeSpa massage or service rooms, health clinic, lab space, medi-spa, or other private area of the center, or in the child center or Kid’s Academy or during Life Time’s Camp or Parents Night Out programing. Mobile phones may not be used to take or place calls while in the sauna. Please use common courtesy when using mobile devices in other areas of the center.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.