Appeal accepted but waypoint never appeared :-(

FunneIWeb-INGFunneIWeb-ING Posts: 237 ✭✭✭✭

Title: C&RT Watersport Hub

City: Wigan, UK

Good afternoon,

On 17th March at 13:17 GMT I recieved an email to say that an appeal had been accepted (attached below) but it has not appeared in either Ingress or Pokemon after a few days' syncs.

Can you confirm if there is a problem with the sync? Otherwise, can you confirm if it was moved to an occupied area? I submitted it 20m from the nearest POI, at a location that I would consider valid (the entrance ramp to the pontoon).

Any assistance you can provide to get this POI to appear in game would be appreciated. I believe that a hub provided by the local council & an NGO to promote outdoor sport is a great POI but I have resumbitted it multiple times since more than 2 years ago, using up miltiple upgrades only to be rejected by reviewers. The appeal process was my last hope but has only left me confused.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Tagged:

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Given that your acceptance email doesn't feature your Ingress username, I'm assuming you therefore have the means to submit through Pokémon Go. Have you tried going to the location and opening up a new submission? It should show you the pin for your accepted appeal so long as you're within 100 metres or so of it. You can use that to see where the pin ended up for the submission.

I must say that if they've moved it based on the Google Maps pins, then it probably was moved within 20 metres of one of the existing portals and into an occupied cell.

• FunneIWeb-INGFunneIWeb-ING Posts: 237 ✭✭✭✭

@HankWolfman-PGO Yeh Im eligible through both Ingress and Pokemon. I could try that but wont be abe to get there soon. But would it still show if its not in ANY game?

It just seems very harsh/confusing for Niantic to accept the appeal then move it directly on top of an existing POI so it never appears in any game.

• Tntnnbltn-INGTntnnbltn-ING Posts: 809 Ambassador

@FunneIWeb-ING On the nomination map in Pokémon Go, it will show all Lightship POIs, including ones not in Ingress or Pokémon Go.

It will show as an orange marker which can be clicked for a photo, title and description.

(Just as a note, however, the position shown by the pin when you do this may be off by a few metres due to a rounding error with the longitude coordinates. I have posted a bug report about that here: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/29857/nearby-pois-displayed-during-nomination-in-pokemon-go-have-inaccurate-locations)

@NianticGiffard Sorry, I dont mean to be rude, but I've been waiting for clarification about this email for two weeks and I see much newer posts being answered. I'm starting to feel like this has been forgotton about.

I can't get over there to check if this is in lightship in a different place but other POI have synced locally so it seems like the only logical explanation that it was moved on top of the neighbouring POI. If this is the case please could you explain why the submitted location at the entrance ramp was invalid.

Also please consider ammending the confirmation email that is recieved if an accepted appeal is moved so that other people are not left confused.

• ingo68-INGingo68-ING Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

they'll close your report sooner than answer your questions.

• Thanks for reaching out, @FunneIWeb-ING! We have looked into your approved nomination "C&RT Watersport Hub" which is accepted into Niantic’s Wayspot database but ineligible to join the in-game location network as it is in close proximity to already existing in-game locations.

edited April 2022

@NianticGiffard That does not answer the question. As stated it was NOT submitted within 20m of another POI. Why was the submitted location ineligible? Where was it moved to? Why is the new location more accurate than the entrance ramp? Are you going to reconsider the location? Why would you send an email to say my appeal was accepted and then make it unusable?

• Gobl1nK1ng-PGOGobl1nK1ng-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭

I have the same issue. Had an appeal that went into niantic voting. Was approved on March 29th and still not showing up in POGO or Ingress. It's not in the same cell as any other POI so not sure what the issue is.

@NianticGiffard It has been over a month now without a response to this question. By making the POI lightship only you have removed all other options to resubmit, add photos, edit location or text, so our only recourse is to persue this thread. After years of reviewing for you and wasted upgrades the least we deserve is clarification on why a location is invalid.

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin

My apologies for the radio silence. To look into your concern in detail, I would request you to raise a support ticket from the Wayfarer website and our dedicated team will check and report back to you.